12; The Bad Boy's Very Pleasurable Touch

M a t u r e c o n t e n t p l e a s e d o n o t r e a d i f y o u c a n ' t h a n d l e s o m e h e a t o o f t 🧡🔥

-

I press the phone to my ear, biting my lips to suppress the laughter tickling the back of my throat. "Whatever, Liam. When will you come back home?"

I hear snickering at the other line but I ignore it. "Might be this Sunday. The festival doesn't end until like this Thursday but I'm staying over at Miranda's and then at Christina's."

I shiver at the mention of Christina's name. I can imagine her wrapped in Elliot's arms right now and I cringe. I don't know what she would do if I told her that her boyfriend has the audacity to actually slap his own sister. She might be too in love with him to believe me. Love makes you blind, doesn't it?

"Why at Christina's? You could easily just come home. Her house is only about five suburbs away."

"She's throwing a small get together with a couple of friends. Can't pass on free beers. Besides, Elliot insisted."

I roll my eyes. "I miss you, Liam."

He sighs. "Don't go all sad on me, silly. I'll be back on Sunday. Only six more days, okay? I wish you could see the beach here. I might move here."

"What? That's like an 11-hour drive from here."

"Exactly. I'm tired of that little town. It makes me feel like I'm missing out on the whole world."

I listen, feeling sad that I can relate. This town just has that vibe.

"Hunter's missing."

He stays quiet for a while and I pull away the phone to see if the call somehow ended. "I know. Mum and dad called me yesterday," he finally says after a while. "How are they?"

"Good. They just went out to see a movie. I'm alone at home."

"Why didn't you just go to Emily's?"

"Oh, did they not tell you? I'm grounded."

"Is it cause we snitched?"

"Yep. You guys are assholes."

"Love you too. I gotta go, though. I'll talk to you later. Stay safe. Bye."

"Bye, Liam."

The line goes dead and I'm left alone in the quiet house. There's no noise except the occasional cars driving down the road.

I turn to the side, burying the side of my face into my soft pillow to somehow quiet down my thoughts. At least Monday is almost over. I look at the clock and huff when I realize it's only 7:30 pm. It's too early to fall asleep.

My phone vibrates on the nightstand, and I lazily pick it up to hold in front of my face. It continues to vibrate in my hand, and I groan when the bright screen momentarily blinds me.

Once I regain my vision I shoot up into a sitting position, my hand fumbling to pick up the call. I press the speaker button.

"Hunter!" I say almost too quickly and too eagerly.

He grunts. "I need help."

My heart races when I hear his voice. It's a weird feeling that's almost too hard to describe with words. It's like everything good I've lost in life has just been handed back to me. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but I don't feel ashamed that I'm this ecstatic.