32; Bad Boy Whatcha Gonna Do

You've got it all
You've got charm, you're an alarm
That's why I cry
I know you're not mine
Maybe another time
I looked at you and said
Oh oh oh, don't hate me
Am I crazy?

~ another time | simon eng

-

"So hot!" Kaylin comes rushing towards me with her coffee cup in hand and three shopping bags in her other hand. I almost laugh when she urges me to twirl around. Emily had forced me to wear a very revealing champagne coloured satin dress that stops just below my knees.

Emily only nods at Kaylin with a proud look on her face. "I chose it. See, this is why you should always shop with me." Her blonde curls seem to bounce as she walks away. It seems that Emily is a little too excited that graduation is only three days away.

I watch as she approaches Cory and kisses him on the cheek. I can never forget the face that Rylan had made when Emily dumped him. He had begged her the whole way through for another chance, but Emily already had her eyes on Cory the whole time. She still owes me a thank you for giving Cory her number.

Rylan ended up walking away, simultaneously throwing insults at Emily. It only shows how he never really cared for Emily. That same day we find out that he had been dating Emily only because he made a bet with his friends to fuck and then dump her just before the graduation ceremony. She beat him to it.

"Is there another dress like this but without the sleeves?"

"No way. I like sleeves. It's going to get cold."

Lies.

I'm only saying I want sleeves because of the scar on my shoulder. It isn't ugly or anything of that sort. I just don't want anyone noticing and then prying me for answers. It seems that for once, living in a cold place has its advantages.

"You're right," Kaylin says defeatedly as she eyes the dress I am wearing.

I am just about to go to the dressing room when I hear someone call out Kaylin's name. Both Kaylin and I turn to look at the person who had just entered the store. Michael Dibble? Michael freaking Dibble is approaching Kaylin right now.

"Mike." Kaylin grins.

Oh, they're on the nickname stage already? Since when?

"Who's this?" He points to me.

"Oh, this is my friend, Leah. Leah, this is Michael."

I give him a small wave and turn back to walk into the dressing room. "I know you," Michael abruptly says.

"You do?"

Mathew must've told him. I've made a grave mistake. The least I could do for him is to return the charm bracelet he had given me for my birthday. It feels wrong to wear something that comes from someone who hates you. But I'm not going to ask Michael to do it for me. I need to talk to Matthew about everything that happened. I don't want to graduate knowing he thinks of me as a monster.

"Aren't you dating my brother. He took you to that food festival in the city."

"Oh, Matt's just a friend."