31; Hating The Bad Boy

okay I haven't been updating cause like I said in the last chapter I have exams and i have two more to go but i am sorry this chapter is only a boring filler chapter cause i just needed to post a chapter but I'll be updating normally once my exams are done which is in two days so yeahh p.s guess who's about to graduate next chapter

-

There is blood everywhere on the floor, on the wall, and even some tiny splatters on the ceiling. The spot that had once been occupied by Eric's and Meghan's dead body is no longer occupied, but the stench of blood and flesh still lingers in the air.

"I don't have any business with your mother. She was Eric's target, but not mine." Eleanor is wiping the blood from her face with a cloth. There are some loud shuffling in the background as men work to get the place clean of any evidence that two people were killed here. "This might just be the last time we see each other."

"We don't have to worry about you anymore?" Hunter asks.

Eleanor shakes her head. "We're moving away. Our new target is a long way from here. As long as you keep out of our business, we won't have any problem."

"And Claude?"

She smirks. "He's taken care of."

Eleanor and Hunter both shake hands. I groan as I try to push myself off the chair that Matthew had so kindly carried me to. This catches Hunter's attention.

He kneels in front of me, taking my hand in his. "Let's get you fixed up."

I look at Eleanor the last time. "Thank you for helping us," I say weakly, barely able to even look at her properly.

"Don't take it personally. I wasn't doing it for you."

It makes sense. With the way Eric had treated Eleanor as if she was a slave, I would want him dead too, father or not. She had done his dirty work by bringing me in and then also taking Hunter in, but he still showed so little respect for his own daughter. I don't know why, though, I still find it a little odd that both Eleanor and Hunter don't look affected at all after the death of their father.

I can't help but cry out in pain as he carefully pulls me out of the chair. My whole body is shaking. I'm extremely drained both mentally and physically. What I had just witnessed Hunter do sends a shiver down my spine. He had killed Eric so easily that it made me wonder if he has done something like this before.

The idea terrifies me. Someone whom I've put my trust into this whole time has just killed his own father. He didn't see Eric as a father, but he was still undeniably Eric's son.

I've always thought Hunter looked like Isabella, but the resemblance between Eric and Hunter was far more convincing. They both have the same shade of green in their eyes. The colour of their hair was also the exact same. Eric could've been a handsome man, but the reputation he had made him ugly.

Hunter bends, slinging my good arm around his shoulder. He holds me tight with one arm around my waist, keeping me steady as we slowly make our way downstairs where Matthew is still nowhere to be seen.

I almost yell when my left arm accidentally grazes the doorway. The movement awakens the pain in my shoulder. I stop on my track, my eyes shutting close as the mind-numbing pain spreads again. Hunter notices this and quickly picks me up, careful not to touch my shoulder. He tucks my left arm so it's splayed across my stomach as he carries me to his car. Somehow, he manages to finally place me in his car. I am too weak to protest as he reaches over and buckles my seatbelt for me.