Ch 6: Now it begins

Bill looked up at his boyfriend's sleeping face. Dipper had both his arms wrapped around Bill causing him to nuzzle into Dipper's chest. The past few days had been a bliss for the new couple, although awkward seeing as Bill had no clue what to do with being in a relationship, but they got over it soon enough.Bill loved cuddling with Dipper and would often hang off him though out the day, not that Dipper cared. He took another look up at Dipper and leaned up to kiss him. Soon Dipper began to kiss back leaning into the kiss. After Bill pulled away Dipper opened his eyes, "So I guess this means you want me to get up so we can make breakfast then?" Dipper asked. "Or we could just stay in bed and cuddle fora bit." Bill said. "That works to." Dipper said pulling Bill close to him again and nuzzling his face in his blond hair. But not long after they both heard the unmistakable sound of Dipper's phone ringing. Bill whined as Dipper groaned rolling over to grab his phone. "Hello. No you didn't I was just getting up any way. What really? Is she ok?" Dipper said sitting up, "Ok that's good.Yea I can come in for a bit then. Yea I'll head over as soon as I can, bye." Dipper said hanging up the phone. "Sorry Bill do you think you will be ok by yourself for a few hours?" Dipper asked,"Grunkle Stan needs me to fill in for a shift at the shack today.""Yea I'll be fine." Bill said. "Ok I should be back by 3, don't burn yourself, and I'll try to pick us up some food."  Dipper said giving Bill a kiss before heading out he door. "Love you" Bill hollered before Dipper left. 

         When Dipper arrived at the shack he greeted his grunkle before heading to the register. The day was pretty uneventful, mostly going by slowly with it getting busy for short periods of time. Dipper found himself thinking about Bill off and on though out the day and wishing he had a way to check on him.So when it came time for his shift to end he was glad to return home,and an hour earlier than expected too. Before he left Ford came up from his lab and saw Dipper. "Dipper I'm glad I caught you." "Huh why is some thing wrong grate uncle Ford?" "No the opposite actually. I was wondering if you would like to help me with some research I'm doing right now?" Ford asked. "Yes I would love to."Dipper said excitedly. "Ok then come down to my lab with me."Ford said waving his hand for Dipper to fallow. 

          The lab was still in the basement behind the snack machine, the only thing that changed was the pass code after some kids accidentally opened the door when they were messing around with it. Luckily no one believed them when they tried to tell every one about it. And when they tried to prove it Ford had already changed the code, so the door did not open.Dipper couldn't remember the last time he had been down here, it had to of been at least 5 years ago when he was still 17 before he moved out. "So Great Uncle Ford what are you researching by way?"Dipper asked. "Well you see I picked up a weird anomaly here in Gravity Falls a couple of months ago but it disappeared. I know you like to go out to the forest for research for your book so I thought you could help me figure out what it might be." Ford explained. "Ok that sound cool. Do you have any idea what it might be?" "Not at all. But when I do find out you'll be the first to know and when I find out the exact location of the anomaly I'll take you with me to check it out." Ford said. They then began to run thought diffident possibilities and scenarios for the anomaly, by the time  at the time it was after 5. "Shit." Dipper said looking at the time, he told Bill he would be back over two hours ago."Something wrong?" Ford asked looking concerned. "No it's just that it's getting late." Dipper said. "No it's not its barely 5:30." Ford said looking at the clock. "Did you have plans or something?" "Well umm you see...uhhh... I.. " Crap what was he supposed to say? I need to go home to my boyfriend Bill Cipher, I promised I would be back by 3? No, did it look like he had stupid written on his face? "Ummm." He said rubbing the back of his neck. Ford smirked, "It's fine, go have fun on your date." "My what!?" Dipper exclaimed. "No no no that's not whats going on."Dipper tried to explain. "Yea sure because you weren't spaced out all day at the register with a blush. Trust me I was young once to I know what it's like, you'll be fine." Ford said. Dipper just stood there a blush forming on his cheeks. "I'm leaving." He finally said grabbing his stuff and heading for the elevator. Ford just chuckled to himself as he continued his work. "Those kids grow up so fast,"he thought. 

          By the time Dipper got hone it was almost 6.He had gone through the drive though at a fast food place and got both him and Bill each two cheese burgers and fries. "Bill I'm back!" he yelled as he came in. Bill hugged Dipper, "Pine tree you said you would be back by 3, that was hours ago." Bill said sadly looking up at Dipper. "I know, I'm sorry," Dipper said ruffling Bill's hair. "I got caught up in something and didn't realize how late it was getting. But I got food if your hungry."Dipper said kissing him on the cheek. "What did you get?" Bill asked looking at the bag in his hand. "You'll see." Dipper said heading towards the couch. They ended up eating on the couch watching a movie that was on TV.

        AN: So I was writing this chapter on my phone while some of my friends were playing in a magic (the card game) tounemet or something a week ago. And when I tried to save it my finger slipped and hit delete.  I almost cried, I had gotten half way though the second chapter and just got past a part I was stuck on. One of my friends then found out about the story when she was going though my phone to help me retrieve the lost chapters. I ended up rewriting it when I got home that night.