CH 15: You Missed

Bang! The gun shot rang through the house. The body of a young man fell to the floor. "PINETREE!!!!"Bill ran to the brunette laying on the floor tears forming. Ford stood there in disbelief, his hands shaking as realization hit him. He had just shot his nephew. In his attempt to stop Ford Dipper was shot instead. Bill ripped his shirt off and began to hold it to the wound. "We need to take him to a hospital!" Bill said tears now falling down his face. "Why don't you just use your magic to heal him?" Ford asked. "If I could heal him I wouldn't have told you to take him to the hospital!" The blonde yelled. Bill scooped the unconscious male up in his arms. "If your not going to do anything then I'll take him myself." Bill said pushing past Ford. "Wait." Ford yelled out to him. He quickly opened the car. " Get in, it will be faster."

The way there Bill cradled Dipper while trying to keep presser to the wound in the back seat of the car trying desperately to hold back his tears. Once they got to the hospital Bill ran in calling for help. Now he sat on of the chairs in the waiting room his head in his hands, arms on his knees, and on leg bouncing. He was wearing a plain gray shirt one of the nurses gave him to replace the blood soaked one he had used on Dipper. He let his tears fall freely now, crying on and off and blaming himself. A nurse had given him a water bottle at some point telling him that it wasn't his fault and that there was no way he could have know the gun was loaded. Ford made up the story that he had been showing Bill the gun after he asked. Ford, believing that the safety was on, had pulled the trigger and fired the gun in Dipper's direction, hitting him in the shoulder.

Bill looked at the clock, Dipper had been in surgery for about two and a half hours. God it felt like it had been ten. Ford, who had been pacing back and forth when not filling out paperwork, had finally sat down next to Bill. "Why?" Bill asked after a few moments of silence. "Why did you take the blame? You could have made up any excuse that could have gotten me in a lot of trouble. But you don't" "I am partly to blame to." He answered, "And I guess I could give you a second chance if Dipper really dose trust you." Bill looked up at Ford in surprise. "But if you do anything to hurt him I can promise I will end you for good." Ford said sternly. Bill only nodded his head, still not wanting to talk.

Another hour pasted and a nurse walked in holding a clipboard. "Mr Pines." She called. Both Ford and Bill stood. "How is he?"Ford asked her. "He lost a lot of blood but he is in a stable condition now. Luckily the bullet didn't hit any thing vital, but he will need t stay in the hospital for a few days." She said. "Can we see him?" Bill asked. "He hasn't woken up yet but I can take you to him." The nurse said. "And Mr Pines," She said turning to Ford, "I would lock up or be more careful with your fire arms in the future." "I understand." Ford said. Once in Dippers room Bill almost burst into tears all over again. He sat down next to the bed and griped Dipper's hand, holding it to his face."I'm so sorry Pinetree." He said close to tears. Ford put a hand on his solder trying to comfort him.