Chapter 21

We've set which of our chess could be. A lot of us are nothing but only the Golden Trio are something.

Yes, we did try to get pass but the chess pieces threatened us to play. This is the only thing we need to do.

Harry has the role of Bishop, Hermione has a role of a castle and Ron has a role of a Knight.

Outside the Chessboard, Hugtoria (Hugo and Victoria) are cheerleading, Newt and I are watching and Dan and Skyler are trying out, actually I don't know what they're doing.

"White always plays first in chess," said Ron, peering across the board. "Yes . . . look . . ."

a white pawn had moved forward two squares. My shiver went through my spine. It got scary the more I think what they're doing wrong.

Ron started to direct the black pieces. They moved silently wherever he sent them. Harry's knees were trembling. I wonder what goes to his mind?

"Harry — move diagonally four squares to the right."

Our first real shock came when Harry, Ron and Hermione's other knight was taken. The white queen smashed him to the floor and dragged him off the board, where he lay quite still, facedown.

"Had to let that happen," said Ron, looking shaken. "Leaves you free to take that bishop, Hermione, go on."

Every time one of their men was lost, the white pieces showed no mercy. Soon there was a huddle of limp black players slumped along the wall. Twice, Ron only just noticed in time that Harry and Hermione were in danger. He himself darted around the board, taking almost as many white pieces as they had lost black ones.

Ron muttered something that all of us couldn't hear. Suddenly, The white queen turn toward him. Hugtoria stopped Cheerleading and Dan and Skyler stopped. We all know what Ron is Going to do.

"Yes . . ." said Ron softly, "it's the only way . . . I've got to be taken."

"NO!" We all shouted. I was almost in tears.

"That's chess!" snapped Ron. "You've got to make some sacrifices! I make my move and she'll take me — that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry!"

"But —"

"Do you want to stop Snape or not?"

"Ron —"

"Look, if you don't hurry up, he'll already have the Stone!"

There was no other choices.

He stepped forward, and the white queen pounced. She struck Ron hard across the head with her stone arm, and he crashed to the floor.

Hermione and Skyler screamed, Torrie and I hugged someone close to us and Dan looked away. We don't want to see Ron Injured.

Hermione stayed in her square, Because she still doesn't want to end the game.

The white queen dragged Ron to one side. He looked as if he'd been knocked out.

Shaking, Harry moved three spaces to the left.

The white king took off his crown and threw it at Harry's feet. They had won. The chessmen parted and bowed, leaving the door ahead clear.

"Torrie, Dan, Hugo, you coming?" I asked.

"No, we'll take care of Ron over here."

We charged to the door and up to the next passageway.

"What if he's — ?" Hermione was interrupted.