Red Cheeks and Small Cafes'

The next morning when I woke up I had several text from Killian. I panicked at first wondering if something happened and then I looked at the actual messages.he was such a child.

Jones: Emmaaaaa im bored and I can't sleep

Jones: Are you awake?

Jones: Emmmaaaaa

Jones: I guess your sleeping☹

Jones: in that case..

Jones: GOODNIGHTTTT😵

Oh lord. I sat up and texted him back trying not to laugh.

Me: I was asleep thank you very much and you are such a child🙄

It didnt take him long to respond.

Jones: Sorry? Your still up for coffee today right?

Me: Of course! I can't wait☺ Now leave me alone so I can get ready!

Jones: Alright alright! See you soon Swan🤗

I laughed at his dorkiness and got up to take a shower. When I walked into the bathroom my first thought was the wall color. God it was ugly. I mentally made a note to get it painted soon.

After I took a shower I got dressed in a white sweater, jeans, and brown boots.

I let my hair down like normal and put a little bit of makeup on and pretty much skipped out the door.

I was unexpectedly excited for thisdate? I wasnt quite sure what it was. All I knew was that I couldnt wait for it any longer.

When I got outside I took a taxi to the hotel from last night and waited outside for him.

Me: I just got here

Jones: Alright! I'm almost there.

I put my phone back in my pocket and saw a taxi pull up and Killian jump out with a smile on his face.

He was wearing a black leather jacket and a button up shirt underneath. God he was handsome.

He walked up to me and grabbed my hand.

"You ready swan?"

I smiled.

"Yup." He lightly pulled my hand in the direction of what I assumed was the coffee shop we were going to.

After walking in comfortable silence for a while I asked where we were going.

"I can't tell you Swan, that would ruin the surprise. We're almost there though."

I laughed and we continued walking until we came to a small café in the middle of Central Park.

"The Ugly Duckling café? What's this place?" I asked.

"It's a small diner but it's food is absolutely amazing. Not many people know about it though. I suppose its sort of a hidden gem" he said with a wink.

I laughed and followed him inside. We sat down at a small booth and a waiter came up to us and took our orders for drinks.

"Can I have a Hot Chocolate with cinnamon please?" I asked.

Killian ordered a small coffee and turned back to me.

"Cinnamon?"

I blushed.

"It's something I've loved since I was a kid. You should try some!"

When our drinks came I pushed mine in front of him .