Chapter Nineteen: Conversations

Eliana
(SLB)

I didn't move. I didn't cry. I didn't even think, I was simply 'being'. The silence was comforting and didn't force me to think. I didn't want to think.
"Eliana," Umair's voice entered my brain and interrupted my silence.
"Shut up," I said, not in a demanding rude way, in a quite begging kind of way. I didn't want to talk because if I talked then I would have to think and if I had to think then I would think back to that night.
"Eliana, we really need to talk," he persisted. I didn't want to do anything but lie on the cold metal and fall into the deep endearing silence. I heard Umair sigh, a deep hopeless sigh mixed with a tinge of frustration. There's was the pause.
"Ali and Adira are in the other cage," at this I perked up. I didn't know what happened after what the Darkness Master said, all I remembered was sadness and darkness and pain.
"Cage?" I asked confused.
"Yes Eliana, the Darkness dude signaled Aswa of our arrival, his Nortoches came. We couldn't fight them off, not with you..." he trailed off and guilt consumed me, "well we just couldn't. We are on our way to his castle," frustration and impatience were evident in his voice. You know You have done something wrong when Umair is upset, he's usually so upbeat. I pulled myself into a sitting position.

We were in a large metal cage that was harnessed to large shadows, the shadows were pulling us through a thousand different settings all in a matter of minutes, one second we were racing through trees the next we were doing a u-turn around a star, it was all moving so fast it gave me a slight headache.
"Shouldn't we try to break free?" My hope was short lived.
"We already did Eliana! While you were wallowing in self-pity!" I flinched slightly at his words and realized that he hadn't been calling me Eli: the nickname he gave. My heart dropped into my stomach. I scooted over to lean on the bars of the cage like Umair was. I was a couple feet away from him, he would probably be annoyed if I got close.
"Would you like to explain what the heck happened back there?" He asked me, in the way a teacher might ask a student why they didn't have their homework done, impatient and downright rude.
I shook my head. Umair looked away clearly exasperated and disappointed. Seeing him do this, I don't know what happened to me, what convinced me to say everything but I started to talk.

"Look, I was never meant to be the Sun Warrior. I wasn't even originally chosen to be the Sun masters apprentice," Umair had perked up and I could tell he was listening, so I continued "She chose another girl a couple years older than I was. The Darkness Master chose my brother," Umair had a questioning look on his face.
"What you have to understand is that I was very, very close to my brother at the time, I grew up in a very close family, we told each other everything. So when they told me that he was going to move away and that I wouldn't see him for a decade, I didn't know what to do,"
"A decade?" Umair asked.
"Years and ages work differently for us, one year on the sun would be the same as ten years on earth," I explained.
"Anyways, a month later, this guy wearing a dark black robe came by our house and took Aswa away. I thought I was strong enough to see my brother leave my life, but I wasn't,"

I would have probably started crying all over again at remembering the feelings I felt as I watched my brother leave with the hooded man. Planning on never seeing him for ten years. I would probably be married when I saw him again, possible have kids. They would have an uncle that they wouldn't even meet for a good chunk of their lives. But I was all cried out and had no more tears to shed.
"I followed them, I followed them as they walked a couple blocks away and into a dark alley, I saw as the hooded guy picked up the crowbar that seemed to have been tossed to the side and do a sort of formation with it in the air. A portal door thing opened and they walked in. I jumped in after them," I hadn't noticed but Umair had scooted closer to me, my leg tingled knowing how close it was to his leg.