Chapter 26

Authors note ~
You might be slightly confused of what happened in the latest chapter. No Lara is not dead, it was a dream.
Thank you for reading my book!

Lexis pov**
The camp has moved futher south these last few weeks, I've been with Eric, well at least when he is not out fighting the war. The betrothal seems to be going well, he's still a pain in the ass, a very sexy pain in the ass.

*********

I run out of the tent, looking back at Eric, I smile. He gives me a smirk, chasing out after me. I let out a small giggle, sprinting the other direction, we ran through the camp, Eric was much faster than me and caught me by the waist. I let out a scream as he twirled me around. Some people stopped looking at us, they soon went back to what they were doing.

Eric then stops twirling me around setting me carefully down.  I turn around, placing my hand on his cheek. "If only every day could be like this," I whisper, my hand falling down from his cheek. His smile disappearing, he takes my hands into his, looking deeply in my eyes, "when the war is over, I promise every day, every month, every year will be like this," he kisses my hands, I let out a small smile, knowing that it would probably never happen, it was Eric after all. Eric was ruthless, heartless and a monster, of course the time we spent together was magical, but he soon gets the need to hurt someone, he gets.. well bored. And his idea of fun is skinning and burning people alive.

"It will never get as good as this," I say pulling away, his hands falling down. I turn around and walk, walk away from a dream I know very well will never come true. I walk back towards my tent, needing to get away from Eric.

"Lexis!" I heard a familiar voice shout my name, I look back seeing Lara walking towards me. I haven't seen her smile since we got back, and I don't know if I ever will see her smile again. "Lara," I say hugging her, she smiled when she pulls away, "how can I be of service?"  I ask giving her a smile myself, "there is this new girl here, she is a healer, a good one too," she says still smiling, "it would mean a lot to me if you show her around camp, just so she gets to know it better," I nod my head, indicating that I would.

After me and Lara had talked, about all things really, she needed to leave, she had some business she needed to talk about with Robb.
I on the other hand had nothing to do, so far the new girl was busy but I would meet her at noon, and Eric is not an option.

I decided to continue my journey towards my tent, in hopes that I would rest before I met up with the new girl. I walked slowly, enjoying the warmth and the sun which was shining brightly. Reaching my tent, I walk in, sitting on the bed a second later. I lay down looking at the "ceiling" of the tent, nodding of shortly after that.

I don't know how long I slept for but when I woke up, I quickly opened the tent to find out that it was noon already, I hurriedly rushed over to where I would meet the new girl. I ran past tents and fire places, and at last I reached my destination. I saw a girl with dark brown maybe even black hair standing there her back faced towards me, I walked closer, clearing my throats to catch her attention, she quickly turned around and smiled, I held out my hand for her to shake whilst introducing myself, "you must be the new arrival, I'm lady Umber," I say, she shook my hand still smiling, "my name is Talisa,"