Chapter 29

Lara's pov**

The war was getting worse, blood soaked soldiers walked into the camp, looking triumphant but in reality we were losing.

Robb had distanced himself from me, and I had backed off from him. As if Talisa's words played in repeat in my head I got anxious. Maybe he didn't love me, I dwelled on this thought, the sadness reflecting off my eyes. Aiyana would whimper and beg me to pet her and cuddle with her, I would simply just stroke her. She would let out a sad howl collapsing to the floor, me collapsing by her side. She was suffering. I noticed Robb's dire wolf also looking sad, well for a short while.

Lexis would try to cheer me up, it worked for a bit but faded away shortly. Today was different, I was happy, for the first time in a while. Lexis suggested we walk around the camp and check if we could help with anything, and we found that they needed help with the wounded. That's were Talisa was. This upset me a little bit but I got over my pettiness. 

The blood on my hand was thick, helping the wounded was a success. We helped until we couldn't.

Talisa asked me to talk to her after she was done treating some of the wounded, believing that she was going to confront me about Robb I hesitated but agreed later on. She smiled at me and nodded approvingly. I smiled too, not really knowing why but just did.

*****************

After Talisa was done we met outside behind the tent, Talisa was still smiling, but for a different reason now. "Oh Lara, you disgust me, why Robb dumped you is obvious. He doesn't like you, instead he likes me. Does it hurt?" She says in a wickedly sweet voice, I furrowed my eyebrows at her "what?" I asked flabbergasted, she just smiles whilst pulling out a small dagger, she swiftly stabs me before I could do anything,  I reach down to my stomach  holding it, I looked up at her shocked, my bottom lip quivering.

She just laughs, and points the dagger at me. "Nothing will get in my way Lara, not even you!" She says, her laugh dies out and she smirks sadistic. I lift my hands up carefully looking at my blood, I look back at her and she slashes again, this time I dodge her and kick her on the right leg making her fall. She quickly  gets up and stabs me again. I buckle down, whimpering. "No one," she whispers to herself.

She walks away from my wounded body leaving me to die. I stand up shaking, walking to where I heard people talking. I fell down again, blood pouring out of my wounds. I do the only thing that I can think of and I scream, I scream for help, for anyone near me to come and save me. All of a sudden I see a tail appear, Aiyana. She whimpered seeing me in pain, I tell her to find someone anyone that can help me. She looks at me then starts sprinting disappearing from my view.

I take deep breaths, trying to calm down, I lay there in pain waiting, until all of a sudden I see Aiyana and Lexis running towards me, "Lara!" I hear her scream, a tear rolled down my cheeks as I feel myself weaken, my eyes starting to close and my heart rate slowing down. Thump, thump, I hear it go.

Lexis lifts me up screaming for help, screaming for the maester, as I reach up and grab her hand "Take care of Aiyana, Lexis,"