Captain America(Steve Rogers) X Diabetic! Reader

Key:
(y/n) = your name
(s/w) = size waist
(v/phone) = version of phone (ex: iPhone, android)
(c/h) = color hair
(e/c) = eye color
(c/l) = color lips

Reader's POV

Just a normal day at work. Yep, two jobs and an empty apartment with a dog. Right now I am giving a tour in the Lincoln Memorial. It's wonderful having these useless facts in my head. This is exactly like all the other ones I have had to give that consisted of loud obnoxious children in middle school.
"Now that ends or tour of the Founding Fathers that helped create America's government. Does anyone have any questions?" I asked. Of course no one pays attention until the teacher says there's going to be a full page report on the tour.
"Don't forget to write your full page report about this tour!" Says the teacher. Groans where heard from the whole class.
After finishing some questions the teacher thanked me and left for the busses in the parking lot. I turned to walk away when my phone started beeping notifying me that my blood sugar was low from all the walking. While my nose was in my phone I heard someone call out to me saying, "On your right!" I looked up last minute to a slightly sweaty gray shirt over a very well toned chest then black.
I'm guessing was out for a few seconds because this guy with the crazy hard chest in a gray shirt, black running pants, and blond hair with a American flag baseball hat on was helping me sit up from the ground. Once full sat up my head started pounding from a concussion or a lack of sugar. He started standing apologizing over and over again saying he didn't mean to. He extended his hand helping me stand up. I grabbed my phone then his hand. After my hand touched his he grasped mine and pulled me up off my bottom and feet right into his chest. The sudden collision caused his arms to rap around my (s/w) waist and my free hand that grasped onto my (v/phone) rested onto his chest.
"Excuse me, but can you let go?" I asked even though my body was telling me no because how he was holding me was so warm and comforting.
"Oh, so so sorry. Um, can I get you coffee or something as an apology or something?" This guy asked.
"No, it's fine really no harm no foul. I got to go um. What's your name I didn't catch it." I asked. After the question his sky blue eyes sparkled even more.
"Steve. It's Steve." Steve said.
"Thank you, Steve for helping me but I got to go." I said in a rush because my phone beeped four times telling me I'm urgent low and dropping. He let go and I started to walk off but I ended up collapsing from a seizure. Black again for a few seconds or a minute at least and someone was yelling for help which sounded like Steve. Was I crazy? Oh well.

Steve's POV

I was running and ran into a young lady who was looking at her phone. I yelled for her to look out but I ended up running right into her because I was distracted. The sudden collision caused me to land on top of her but I had enough time to rap my arms around her head so her gorgeous (c/h) hair didn't hit the cement. I however landed on my shoulder which would be fine because of the super soldier surum, my legs where almost straddling the young women. I started to blush because a gentleman shouldn't ever be in a position like this with any stranger. I slowly released her from my protective hold to noticed she shut her eyes so I couldn't see what color they were. Her eyes fluttered open revealing her beautiful (e/c) eyes she stared at me dazed from the collision so I quickly moved my leg and went to a kneeling position to help the woman sit up. I stood once she collected herself. She instinctively grabbed her phone to make sure it was alright. By then I was standing, have dusted myself off and was extending my hand to her. She grabbed my hand and I guess I pulled her up to hard so she tumbled into my arms. I instinctively wrapped my arms around her. She felt so right there. I felt so happy holding this complete stranger. Hand on my chest made my skin under my clothing tingle in a warm flow of nerves.
"Excuse me, can you let go?" Said this beautiful stranger in my arms. I guess I was holding her a little too for her liking. I quickly released her out of my grip.
"Oh, so so sorry. Um, can I get you coffee or something as an apology or something?" I asked her. To be honest I don't really care if I sound like an idiot I just really don't want to let go of this girl.
"No, it's fine really no harm no foul. I got to go um. What's your name I didn't catch it." She asked me. Her voice was as sweet as honey to listen to. I could listen to it all day, but behind it it sound like it was in a rush to do or go somewhere, a undertone of anxiety and stress of a downward counting clock.
"Steve. It's Steve." I quickly replied. I guess I'll just have to bump into her again. At least she would know who I am when we run into each other.
"Thank you, Steve for helping me but I got to go." She said while shaking my large hand compared to hers. She turned and walked away. She got five feet away when her phone beeped four times and she collapsed onto the ground. Her collapse was beautiful just like a movie star and I would have liked to admire that but I'm so shocked at what I just witnessed that I immediately ran over to check if she's alright.
"Help! Someone call the Ambulance! She collapsed!" I started to yell. Man, Tony was right I do need to carry a cell phone while I run.
I turn her over and checked her pulse. Stead, ok good.
"Sir! The Ambulance will be here in a few seconds!" A random mother called from the crowd, her two children were clinging onto her pant legs both trying to hide from this event.
"Thank you so much!" I yelled back. A sudden blush rush up my neck all the way to my ears because I would have to pay her down for a wallet or some sort of identification. Ever so gently I started to search her front jean pockets, I found nothing. Then I searched her front jacket pockets, again the same result. This was so frustrating and embarrassing I would have been slapped if this was back in the 1940s. After I slid my hand around the slides of her firm butt where the pockets were flat. While pulling my hands away I felt the rim of a pocket pouch that had something in it. The only problem was that it was attached to her belt. If possible it got ten times hotter outside or it was my blush darkening. I gently as I could turn her waist to the right which caused her left leg to drape over her right leg. From there I placed my right knee next to her lower back as I fiddled with the pocket pouch. I finally got it open to find a wallet and a black little bag that held weird looking devices, but on the font it had her picture, name, birthdate, eye color, blood type, and emergency contact information. I was curious why the emergency contact information was empty. She must not have anyone in her life anymore, I wonder if she has a boyfriend? Steve, get your head out of the clouds!
I could her the sirens from where I was. I turned my head and I saw them get a gurney out from the back as they rushed over to me and the beautiful girl next to me.
"Sir, please move aside so we can have access to the unconscious girl. Could you please go talk to the other EMT to tell us what you saw and information for the girl?" The main EMT told me. I walked over while glancing back to watching them hook up equipment and run vitals.
"We have a type 1 diabetic suffering from a major seizure, if we don't leave stat and go to the hospital we will lose her to a coma!" The head EMT yelled. The EMT I was talking to quickly moved all the stuff to accommodate for the moving gurney.
"Sir, you are going to have to come with us since you have her wallet and was with her before she fell unconscious. Get into the vehicle!" The EMT I was talking to told me while helping the others. I quickly complied to the orders and got in.
The ride was terrifying. Even with the limited amount of space the EMTs moved with exact precision and technique to keep her alive. I looked down at my hands that held her belongings. A few minutes later when came to a screeching halt as the doors were flung open and (y/n) was pulled out and rushed into ICU. I was dragged along to but kept at a distance to allow medical personnel in to survey the issue.
Three hours have passed and (y/n) still hasn't woken up. They finished with the questions and let me stay with her so she wouldn't freak out when she wakes up. I even got a pass to visit her even if visiting hours are over. Even though I don't know her that well I'm really scared because I can't see a future without her at my side that's even with Peggy and Sharon.
Now it's well past midnight and I'm getting drowsy, I guess I fell asleep because one of the nurses woke me up.
"Sweetheart, why don't you go home and take a shower and get something to actually eat. I can call a cab for you if you want after I check on her." Said the nurse who seemed in her late 40s.
"Thank you, but I have a ride that will be here in a few after I call. I appreciate the thought ma'am. Have a good night." I said to the nurse. I walked into the hallway and found a payphone around the corner. Putting four quarters in it allowed me to dial Tony's number. It rung for four times before he picked up.
"Hello?" Said a tired Tony.
"Tony it's Steve. I'm at the hospital. Can you send a car so I can come back to the base?"
"Yeah, I guess. Why are you at the hospital? Have you been out all day?"
"It's a long story that can be told later. Yes Tony I have and I've been here at the hospital all day with (y/n)!" I exclaimed into the phone.
"Whose (y/n)?" Tony asked curiously.
"Not now Tony. Have you sent the car?" I asked exhaustedly.
"Yeah it should be there in fourteen seconds. Later." With that he hung up on me. Frustrated from my lack of food and sleep I trudged out to the parking lot to find the car pulling into the parking lot.  Once it pulled up I hopped in and it drove off. I wasn't shock at all that Tony upgraded the car so he had F.R.I.D.A.Y. driving it.
Walking into base at 5 in the morning really screws with a person's head. I decided to take a nap for a few hours and then got see (y/n). I got my phone and set an alarm for 8:30.
I woke up to the sound of my phone going off and Sam barging into my room to tell me I missed training and the stupid alarm on my phone has been going off for the past 15 minutes. I turned it off and got out of bed to get some coffee from the kitchen down the hall after giving Sam the 'mess-with-me-or-die' and the 'don't-even-say-a-thing' looks with a pat on the shoulder for effort. Turning down the hall I run into Bucky.
"Hey, man! Where have you been? You missed training this morning. You never miss training! I would ask if you were sick but that's physically impossible for you now!" Bucky asked.
"Morning, Buck. I have been very busy please do me a favor and come with me to the hospital." While I asked I poured my coffee into my Captain American mug.
"Sure, I guess. But why are we going to the hospital?"
"I'll tell you in the car." Finally getting my coffee I sip it while I go down the hall back to my room to take a shower. I sent a text to Buck to meet me in the garage in 20 minutes with disguises. I got into the shower and did what I had to do. Got dressed, got my thing including my phone, and chugged the rest of my coffee. I the sprinted down to the garage while 'borrowing' keys for a car from Tony.
Starting the car we through on our disguises and hit the road to the hospital.
"So, wanna tell me now why we are going to the hospital?"
"Well, I went running."
"Ok, so?"
"And I literally ran into this young lady full force and caused us to tumble to the ground. When we got up I thought she was fine. She was so gorgeous with her (c/h) hair, her (c/l) lips, her dazzling (e/c) and her cute smile."
"Ok, Steve what happened to the girl other than your head over heels in love with her. Do you know her name? Wait, wait, wait, you just met this girl!"
"Buck, when you meet the one you meet the one. Anyways, we had a short conversation and then she collapsed unconscious! She hasn't woken up since."
"Aw, buddy I'm sorry."
"Buck it's fine. Just want check on her and don't you dare tell Tony or Natasha about this!"
"Jeez, I surrender! No need to get your underwear in a bunch grandpa."
"If I'm a grandpa then you are too!" I pointed out. I started laughing at my own joke then Bucky started laughing with me also. Another few minutes have passed with us talking and we finally arrived and parked the car. I walked in with Bucky and showed the desk nurse my pass and told her he was with me. Luckily she didn't put up a fuss and let it slide. I walked down the white hall that sounded with monitors and smelled of bleach and Clorox, turned the corner and walked to the third door to the left at the end of the corridor. I timidly poked my head in to find (y/n) still asleep. I grabbed the chair next to wall and placed it next to her bed. Bucky looked at me grabbed the keys to the car and left. I grabbed (y/n) soft hand. Her hair was fanned out like a halo around her head while her skin was a few paler then when I met her. Her lips were dry and cracked from lack of proper hydration. But to me she was twice as beautiful as when I ran into her. I'm teased up a little bit.
"You know I'm still sorry about running into you. The strangest thing happened to me, in my dream you were in it and I was so happy too, we were so in love. And I. And I honestly truest love you. I know I don't know you that well but I don't mind getting to know you and I'd wait eternity and back for you. So, please wake up soon." I started crying tears I didn't know I had. They slid down my cheeks in a fast stream onto her bed. A sudden knock was on the door startled me.
"Come in!" I replied trying to sound confident and not like I was just crying. The door opened to reveal the whole team even insensitive Loki.
"Hey, Steve. I was caught getting my wallet from my room back at base. I ended up spilling the beans but, I got (y/n) a get well present." Bucky said. I was shocked everyone bought and brought something for a complete stranger. I guess this is them supporting and trusting me.
"Hey, Cap sickle. I'm sorry about this morning. So I got the team together for this. I wanted to tell ask you if she is really that important to you?" Tony asked with a sadness in his voice.
"Yes, Tony. Thank you everyone for coming to see me and to check on (y/n). I'll see you at base later. Buck, can you pick me up later?"
"Yeah. Bye Steve. Call if you need anything." Bucky told me.
I got a lot of bye's and later's from my team as they disperse to there previous jobs. Clint left me a coffee and a balloon. Natasha left a card, bottle of water and an apple. Loki left a book. Thor left a package of pop tarts and  two stuffed animals. One a rabbit and thumper from Bambi. Bruce brought muffins and candle. Sam brought a salad and a card. Tony left a stuffed bear. Bucky was the last to leave he brought me my sketchbook with my pencil and flowers in a vase. Then the door finally closed. I grabbed the coffee and my sketchbook to draw (y/n).
By the time I finished I have drawn 5 different pictures in my sketchbook. One of the flowers, another of the room, and 3 of (y/n), one was when she was in my dream, another now, and the last is when I fell on top of her. I was satisfied with them so I looked at the clock to find it  well past sunset. I had eaten the apple, salad, and muffins along with the water bottle and coffee. I left my seat and used the bathroom down the hall. I came back to find the nurse checking her vitals.
She turned to me and said, "I don't know why she isn't waking up. Maybe you should talk to her some more." Then she left leaving me in a shocked face.
I sat down and stared reading the book Loki left out loud while holding her hand only to let go to turn the page. Her hand would twitch slightly when I got to a love scene or a fight scene where the characters would confess to their sins or love for another character. I ended up finishing the book at 4 in the morning and passing out in my chair and my head on her bed still holding her hand.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I groaned and lift my heavy eye lids to see a man asleep in the chair next me holding my hand. The I realized it was just Steve. I was around 10 so I shook Steve awake. He groaned and let go of my hand to rub the sleep out of his eyes. I already miss his warmth of his hand on mine. He looked around and then looked at me then around the room to freeze. He whipped his head back to me so fast I swear he got whip lash. He then jumped out of his seat to call the nurses.
"Nurse! Nurse (y/n) is awake!" Steve yelled down the hall. Then running foot step were heard coming down the hall.
"Hey, (y/n). How are you feeling? Oh! And good morning sleeping beauty." Steve asked while blushing.
"Good." I replied but my voice cracked from dehydration. And then my stomachs growled for food causing me to blush.
"Hello Ms. (y/n) we are going to run some tests and ask some questions then you can leave with your boyfriend." The doctor said. My blush got deeper when he said boyfriend. Steve turned his head so I couldn't see his reaction.
After awhile he finished with the tests and question and left with the nurse.
"So, can I take you home?" Steve asked.
"Sure, but you have to buy me breakfast or whatever meal you have around this time first! Want my number Caption?" I said giggling at Steve's reaction.
"I'd love that." He said lovingly. He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it while keeping eye contact with me. I blushed so hard I thought steam was coming off my face.
A knock came to the door and the nurse came in. "Your free to go Ms. but please be careful with your blood sugar." The nurse said and left.
"Well, looks like I need that ride now. But first get out so I can get dressed." I giggled out.
"As you wish." He blushed and then started for the door but came back to me and stared into my eyes while leaning in. I was so hypnotized by his sparkling ocean blue eyes that I didn't realize he was kissing till he closed his eyes and put one of his warm hands on my cheek. I leaned in and closed my eyes putting my arms around his neck. We then released each other from the kiss and put our foreheads against each other as we pant for air. He then blushed really hard that it could rival a tomato and kissed my cheek and escaped the room for some privacy. I got dressed in my work clothes and met Steve out in the hall we walked hand in hand out of the hospital and lived happily after that.

Steve's P.O.V.

I felt a hand shaking my shoulder. It was not stopping so I decided to get up. I released (y/n)'s hand to rub the sleep from my eyes. I looked around the room then at (y/n) then around the room to freeze. I whipped my head back to her to stare before jumping off my chair. I riches to door swung it open to yell down the hall.
"Nurse! Nurse (y/n) is awake!" I yelled. I heard chairs being pushed away and foot steps were heard coming down the hall. I had a few seconds.
"Hey, (y/n). How are you feeling? Oh! And good morning sleeping beauty." I said on instinct but blushed. I'm gonna have to thank Tony and Bucky for the flirting lessons.
"Good." She tried to say but her voice cracked. It didn't matter to me because her voice sounded like angels singing to my ears. Then her stomach growled for food as she looked at me blushing. She looked so cute that I think I'm gonna draw that into my sketchbook later.
"Hello Ms. (y/n) we are going to run some tests and ask some questions then you can leave with your boyfriend." The doctor said. She blushed darker as I looked out into the hall so she couldn't see me blush.
After awhile he finished with the tests and question and left with the nurse. That felt like forever.
"So, can I take you home?" I asked. She smiled so bright that I was overjoyed with happiness.
"Sure, but you have to buy me breakfast or whatever meal you have around this time first! Want my number Caption?" She said. I blushed at the same time my mouth hung open from shock. So she did hear me! That's so embarrassing.
"I'd love that." I said lovingly. I'm not even gonna lie to myself about this. I absolutely love this girl with all my heart. I then grabbed her hand I held when I fell asleep and kissed it while keeping eye contact with her. She then blushed even darker.
A knock came to the door and the nurse came in. "Your free to go Ms. but please be careful with your blood sugar." The nurse said and left. I have no idea what that meant but (y/n) was embarrassed about what happened but I don't care because I'll go to the ends of this world for this girl.
"Well, looks like I need that ride now. But first get out so I can get dressed." She giggled out.
"As you wish." I quoted from that one movie. But I was blushing because I was gonna take her in her hospital gown. I started for the door when I remember I forgot to give her something. I the walked backs to the bed and held eye contact with her as I leaned in. She stared into my eyes as my lips landed on hers. I closed my eyes because I had faith that she also loved me back. She the kissed me back. I took one of my hands and put it on her check as she put her arms around my neck.  We then parted from the kiss as we layer our foreheads against each other's as we landed hard for air. I blushed really hard because I couldn't believe I did that and she loved me back which caused my heart to sore in joy. She wouldn't let go so I kissed her soft check and escaped to wait for her. When she came out she was in her work clothes but she was still beautiful. I grabbed her hand as we walked out of the hospital and lived happily after that.