Chapter 1

Crystal Brown

I was glad the 3 days of negotiations were coming to an end. Though I enjoyed the luxury of the hotel that my company put me in, I missed my comfortable warm home, mostly my own bed. I was glad to avoid the hour-long drive home after the grinding paperwork, arguments and amends the parties were making to the existing contracts.

I checked myself one last time in the mirror doing a 180-degree twirl, satisfied with what I saw, I grabbed my briefcase and room card walking out the door and closing it shut. The conference rooms were on the 1st floor of the same hotel making it very convenient, I tapped my feet to a tune I hummed while I waited for the elevator.

"You seem to be in a good mood" Craig, my friend and colleague exclaimed.

"Yup" I sighed, "will be sleeping in my own bed tonight" I smiled dreamily.

He laughed " I thought you were enjoying all this pampering," he said. "Didn't you hit the spa every night?" He added.

I smiled sheepishly "Yes, and it was heavenly. I want to go again tonite before I leave"

He shook his head smiling and looked ahead as the elevator dinged and opened.

When we reached our floor, he didn't get off with me, "I can't finish this deal on an empty stomach" he said.

I smiled and nodded and started my long walk down the narrow corridor to the conference room.

Brett DiCamillio

I heard the faint sound of her shoes clicking on the marble floors, I heard them get louder as she came closer to the conference hall. I hope she wore a skirt today, I missed watching her long creamy shapely legs yesterday in her pantsuit. I hated those.

I had been in the conference room from 7.00am this morning being the first to arrive. Currently, I was bent over going through the almost final draft of this merger. I didn't have to be here all the 3 days sitting through the negotiations while both the parties argued for 10 hrs daily. It was not like I had time to dally around. I could have left the first day once the process began, my lawyers were more than capable of it. This wasn't the first merger either, But the dark-haired beauty had captured me since I last saw her a few months ago at my office.

I was surprised to see her there on the first day and thus changed my plans.

She wasn't the most beautiful woman I had seen, but there was some sort of a warmth, magnetic pull towards her. Her plump red lips were so kissable, her lush thick hair cascading down her back made me want to put my hands in it. She wasn't very tall an average height probably 5'4" if my guess was right. But her heels accentuated her legs. I had to control myself from running my hand over them wanting to feel the silkiness of it. But the best part were her eyes, she had big round eyes, that showed her every emotion.

I was not just attracted to her physically, but I liked her attitude too. She was always very confident, smart, funny and very friendly. Not like your usual sour face maiden dressed accountants. Oh no, she knew her fashion.

I heard the sound of her shoes get louder and stop, I looked up to see her open the door and walk in.

Crystal Brown

This was what I was nervous about, Brett Dicamillo. He looked at me with such an intense glare I could feel my knees go weak. He hadn't spoken more than a few sentences these past few days. He sat through the meetings looking, staring glaring at me. Every time I looked up to talk to anyone on the other side of the table, I saw his grey eyes looking at me like he knew what I was thinking.