Chapter 32

Crystal Brown

I was breathing hard, and sweating profusely, as I spiral down from the mind-shattering climax, that Brett gave, me. He was panting too, as he pulled out of me and fell on the bed beside me. He weakly pulled me to him and kissed my forehead. We stayed like that for a few minutes, not talking or moving, but just enjoying the moment.

I lifted my left hand up into the air, as I looked at the ring on my finger. It was exquisite. It was so stunningly beautiful and delicate. The large emerald in between shone in the light from the morning sun. It was a dark deep green, and transparent. The ring itself was in white gold, The stone was cut in a square and it had 2 white gold lines framing it and 3 diamonds in each corner inside those lines. The side inside the lines had an intricate design in white gold. The design and the diamonds continued onto the ring too. It was very unique, not your regular engagement ring.

"Do you like it?" Brett asked kissing my cheek. I looked at him frowning, as I turned around in his arms to face him.

"You don't play fair, Brett. You know, I would agree to anything, when you kiss me like that."

"I have a similar reaction when you kiss me Sugar, I chose to use it, you didn't" He replied, smiling and winking at me.

"All you have to do is touch me with those delicious lips of yours and I am lost," I muttered. He laughed out loud, shaking the whole bed.

"Oh Sugar, Given a choice, I would marry you today. Be glad I agreed for at least 3 months." He said smiling.

"So what kind of wedding do you like? You can decide on everything, the flowers, the venue, menu, the band, guest list everything. I will be your humble servant to do any help you want" he said, bowing down to me.

The unpleasant memories of my first marriage flashed through my mind and I shivered, thinking about it. I was starting to get anxious and scared thinking of this wedding. I looked at Brett, his eyes held so much love for me, that it calmed me a little. I held his face in my hands and kissed him.

"I want a marriage Brett, not a wedding. You think you can give me that" I asked. He nodded his head smiling, as he kissed me hard on my mouth again.

"Let's discuss the wedding later. But how do you like the ring?" He asked again.

"I love it, so beautiful and unique. When did you buy it?" I asked looking at the ring on my hand again.

"Beautiful and unique just like you. It's an antique one. I passed this store in Merton, everyday last week, I saw a beautiful vase, that I thought mom would like. When I went in to buy it, I saw this ring, and you were all I could think about. So I got it."

"Thanks, Brett. I really love it." I said smiling.

"Do you know what it means?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned

"What an emerald engagement ring means," He asked

"No." I shook my head

"A long and prosperous marriage." He whispered with a smile. I looked at him shocked and surprised. That was exactly, what I wanted.

My heart swelled and felt immense joy at what he said. I gave him a big hug and mind-blowing kiss "Thank you My bearded Beast"

After another round in the shower, we dressed, packed and left to meet my parents for breakfast. We meet at my Uncles café, which served the best omelets in town.

The bells chimed, as we entered, My uncle had closed the café, until mid-morning, so most of my family was there for breakfast. I kissed my mom and dad, and asked them to a corner, as I wanted to tell them about my engagement, before announcing it to the family.