Chapter 27

Pretty long chapter ... Sorry if I prolonged it :((

I was nervous, anxious and very edgy, as I sat back in the car constantly wringing my hands in my lap. We were on our way, to the wedding. I shouldn't have opted to drive there instead of flying. Brett tried to convince me to fly, but I wouldn't hear of it, I just wanted to delay getting there. But I was wrong, all the waiting and the long drive to my town was killing me.

Brett arranged to have us chauffeured rather than him driving, so he could catch up on work. I felt bad now for insisting, that we drive making him take so much time off. We would be reaching around Friday afternoon, and the wedding was on Saturday, even that was early for me. If it was up to me, I would have reached in time for the wedding directly at the church and left as soon as the dinner at the reception was served, But I wanted Brett to meet my parents.

This whole week had me in nerves, Brett was busy with a new acquisition, and was travelling a lot. He left early every morning but always made it in time for dinner. He was exhausting himself traveling everyday, to this place for meetings to acquire this company. When I suggested, he just stay there for a couple days and finish the process, what he said had me in tears. He didn't want me to go to bed alone, because I would start worrying about the up coming trip home and trouble myself with no sleep.

I didn't know what to say and just cried, holding onto him. He thought of everything for me, what more can I ask. He took care of me liked I was his life, his next breath. I guess I am, and that's what he was trying to show.

I was nervous, because I was going back almost after an year, and I would be meeting a lot of people whom I haven't seen in the last 3 years. But more than that, I was scared, that Brett would leave me, after this trip. I WAS ALREADY MAKING IT HARD FOR HIM, but now after meeting everyone, he might just realize what a mess he got into and leave me. I love him, I don't think I can live, if he left me now.

He got off the phone, and put his tablet and papers away.

"How much longer Johnson?" he asked.

"Another 45 Minutes" Johnson answered.

"Thank you Johnson" Brett said as he shut the partition close.

He pulled me closer onto his lap kissing me and slowly unzipping my dress. "What are you doing" I asked giggling, at the sensations I was feeling, from his kisses on my jaw and neck , and his hand so sensually tracing my bare back lightly.

"You are too tense Sugar. Let me help you relax" he murmured and he continued to kiss me as he slipped the top of my dress till my waist. I welcomed the distraction and moved to give him better access to my body.

It took us only a few minutes to reach our peaks, and calm my nerves. Brett Helped me dress and get my hair proper again. I sat back moving closer to Brett, as he put is arm around my shoulders and held me.

Brett wasn't sure, if my parents would be ok with him staying over at their place, and so he booked a room in a hotel. I still hadn't decided if I wanted to stay with him or my parents.

I sat on the edge of the seat looking out the window as we took the exit into Roseville . The roads I so often travelled, looked new again, everything I looked at only reminded me of the sorrow I felt in this place. The place which held most of my life's memories didn't look familiar or satisfying. It wasn't home anymore.

I took a deep breath and sat back as we passed through the downtown. Brett left me alone to my thoughts, but held my hand to let me know, he was close by.

After I moved in with my Grandmother and took up a job there, I didn't come back to visit my parents very often. I could count the number of times I visited on one hand. But this time had been the longest. It was almost a year since I came back.