Chapter 33

Crystal Brown

The constant ringing of my phone, had me waking from a deep slumber. I searched for it, on my bedside, still with my eyes closed and groaned at the disturbance. It was dancing on my side table, and I grabbed it from of the charging and switched it on while squinting with one eye.

"Good morning Sunshine. You are not up yet?" Brett's, voice greeted me.

I groaned into the phone, and slowly, opened my eyes, to be greeted by my Beast's face. I hadn't realized he video called me.

"Hmmmm...... I am mad at you" I replied in my morning voice and stretching my body.

"What did I do?" He asked with a smile.

"You spoilt me !! I can't sleep without cuddling into your warm body." I replied in a whispering voice.

"Is that all you need my body for?" He asked pouting.

"No. My body got used to all the physical excursion you put me through every night. Now I have to take a night run, to lull myself to sleep." I replied blushing.

He laughed out loud at what I said. "Oh Sunshine, I think we both suffer from the same symptoms. This is my 3 coffee today, need all the caffeine to keep me going." He said raising his cup.

I smiled lazily at him "When are you coming back?"

"Hopefully by the end of the week. I hate staying away from you Sugar. I am literally, driving my lawyers crazy to finish it fast." He replied with a wink.

I placed the phone standing on the nightstand, and stretched my body, to wake up. I heard Brett groan, "Sugar stop tempting me" his voice was hoarse and low.

I giggled at my success in tempting him. I went closer to the screen and gave him a kiss. I really missed him.

He Frowned "Don't, or I will be on the next flight home." He replied.

"So what's your plan for today?" He asked trying to change the subject.

"Nothing. Work and then home. " I replied.

We spoke for another few minutes talking about our work. With great effort, I got off the bed and tried getting to work on time.

It had been a week since we got back from the wedding, and a week since I was officially engaged. Though I accepted his proposal, I was still getting cold feet, to even think of our wedding. I love the idea of living with him and having his kids and making a family with him, but the wedding is what I was dredging. He tried to probe a couple times, about how I wanted the big day to be when I hesitated to answer, he left it at that. He didn't ask me again. I was glad about that. I needed some encouragement and push before I could fully commit to the idea.

I felt very light, calm and free after my confrontation with Gale, Eleanor, and Maddy. I thought I had let go of the things that happened in the past, but I hadn't realized, It still bothered me until I broke down and confronted Maddy. But still, it was not a closure. Gale was finding it very difficult to accept that I was innocent, and he was played. He still wanted to hold on to the idea, that I cheated in the marriage and his actions were justified.

Well, he is my past, and Brett my future, I didn't want to brood too much on my past and spoil my future. That was the closest closure I would get, so I decided to let it go and start my life fresh and new, and there was no one better than Brett to do so with.

The clock chimed it was 8.00am and I rushed to shower and get to work. The house felt empty without Brett, and so I was spending more hours at work. The place looked like a pigsty, as I wasn't home much I was not cleaning up after myself, I was lazy and sad. I looked around at all the dust, the unwashed dishes and laundry to do and groaned, before closing the door shut and getting into my car, pushing all the clean up for another day.