Chapter 19

After my lunch with Rey, I had decided to take Brett for the wedding. No more going back on that decision. I wanted to see his reaction on meeting all my friends and my ex. I like him a lot, we are attracted to each other, I cant deny that but, for me to accept that he is serious about us, I need to see how strong he can be for me. I wanted to be careful this time. I know the heart wants what it wants but, this time I wanted to proceed with my head and not heart or body.

I shopped for groceries before I went back to Brett's pent house. I messaged him that I was back home, and went about making dinner for us. I wanted to do something nice, for Brett's patience with me, so I arranged for a candle light dinner, on the deck overlooking the pool and the skyline. I showered again and dressed in a pretty cocktail dress and waited for Brett's return.

Brett DiCamillio

I was very anxious, about what happened this morning. Even though I was being patient with her, I was frustrated inside. I wanted to shout and tell her, to just accept she was mine, and I was not going anywhere. If it was up to me, we would have been married by now. AAAAhhhhh.... I didn't want to come out as the possessive, obsessive and controlling guy, that will only drive her away from me. But I need her, wanted her and probably even love her.

The fact that she is still hesitant about us, is driving me crazy. I know that she is trying hard, but thats not enough, I want her to relax and enjoy this, accept that I am it for her.

At 4 in the evening, she messaged that she was home. I relaxed and could then concentrate on work. I was afraid she would go back to her place, not that I would let her, but still.

I spend the next two hours finishing my work and went home.

"Sunshine, I am home" I said walking into the house.

She walked out of the deck looking stunning in a cocktail dress. I didn't wait but, took her into my arms and kissed her thoroughly.

"hmmmm I missed you" I murmured in between the kisses

"I am sorry" She said.

"For" I asked

"Acting the way I did this morning" she replied with guilt on her face.

"You can make it up to me" I replied winking.

She smiled held my hand and walked me outside towards the deck. I was surprised, looking at all the lights and candles that decorated the deck and a nice setup of dinner for 2.

"But I meant makeup another way" I said

"Your heads always in the gutter" she frowned, when I pouted a little, she smiled ,

"I will let you unwrap me later " she replied winking.

"You have a surprise for me?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows.

"Maybe" she said and walked towards the table.

I laughed out loud following her. I kissed her on the forehead "That's a lot of effort to say sorry. I appreciate it" I said pulling out my chair and sitting down for dinner.

That night we laid exhausted in bed, after she let me unwrap her and devour her. I wanted to make slow sweet love to her, but that never happens, she rushes me with her moans, which are so musical, and I lose control.

There I was taking deep breaths after a tousle in the bed, she was still straddling me, but was lying on my chest. I held her with both my hands and kissed her head. She looked up placing her chin on my chest.

"I want to meet your parents" she said.

I was taken aback, I looked surprised and then grinned smiling big, at the change in her. It was sudden, but it was like something clicked.