Chapter 37

Brett Di Camillio

"Mr. DiCamillio, I just messaged the address to the law firm you asked. I even have a car waiting for you outside, to take you there." My secretary spoke, as I walked rapidly through the airport.

"Thanks  Stella. Please have my return flight home, booked for today evening. I won't be here long." I said, thanking god for such an efficient secretary.

"Sure sir, I will email you your boarding pass and the flight detail. " She replied. I hung up thanking her again. I stepped out the airport to look for a placard with my name, I gestured to the driver Stella arranged and followed him to the car.

I settled into the car and checked to see how long it would take me to reach Gale's office. That's right. I was on my way to meet Gale.

It had been two days since I left Crystal to finish the signing of my deal. It didn't take much time as I had anticipated. My team had done an excellent job without me breathing down their necks. So All I was left with was signing the papers and shaking hands, which didn't take more than half a day.

I thought I could surprise, Crystal, by arriving early, but since I left, I had been getting endless pictures of Thomas and Crystal. I called my office to check if my hacker was able to locate the sender, but he needed a little more time. This whole picture thing was frustrating me.

That evening as I was on my way to the airport to go back home, Gale called. He taunted me about how foolish and stupid I was to trust Crystal, he used some really bad language, which had me hanging up the call without talking to him. I decided I had to end this with Gale once and for all and I had to do it in person. So at the airport, I changed my flight and here I was driving towards, Gales office presently. I didn't want Crystal to know about the photographs. It would devastate her, so I didn't let her know that I was going to meet Gale.

It didn't take more than 35 minutes for me  to reach Gale's office. I walked in with all the dominance, arrogance and power I could muster, so no one could stop me. His name was boldly written on the office door which was closed. I walked towards it, without paying any attention to the secretary, who came running to stop me.

"I am sorry sir but you can't just go in. Do you have an appointment?" She asked.

The look I gave her, had her moving out of my way and going back to her seat. I didn't bother to knock on the door, and walked in opening it.

"Rachel, I asked you not to disturb me" Gale said without out looking up.

"I think you can use the break" I said walking forward into his office. It was a tiny dingy little office, with a small window, in the corner, that looked down into the parking lot.

"Brett , what are you doing here?" He asked surprised, and getting off his chair.

Before I could answer him, the door to his office opened with a bang, and Gale's father, and Eleanor's dad came rushing in. I guess the secretary must have informed them.

"What is going on here?" Gale's dad asked looking at me.

"I am here to ask Gale to stop the nonsense with all the pictures and calls." I said looking at Gale.

He paled a little and gulped before looking guiltily at his dad " I was only trying to warn you." He said not with the confidence he had spoken yesterday.

"Well I did tell you to stop it. There is nothing between Thomas and Crystal, and I am not you to believe the gossip mongers, rather than my heart and Crystal on this"  I said sternly