Chapter 28

"So you are her latest conquest. " I heard behind me.

I turned around and looked at the man who was staring at us earlier. He had a smug look on his face, like he knew secrets I didn't.

"You must be Gale, the idiot she was married to" I said smirking

That wiped of the smugness on his face, as he straightened himself , he grew red and angry.

"Do you know why I divorced her" He asked

"I know why SHE divorced YOU" I said again with a smirk.

"That two timing lying whore ?" he was seething with anger, as the words flew out his mouth.

I couldn't take the horrible words he used for her, I wanted to punch his face hard. But I stepped forward intimidating him with my height "You want to repeat that again "

He stumbled back a couple steps, his eyes scanning around to see if anyone saw him stumble, as he turned around and walked back to his group. I sighed thinking what a coward. This is the guy that intimidated her.

I waited for the elevator to get to my room. "Hi there are, you Crystal's Boyfriend?" Asked a girl dressed in a revealing cocktail dress. She had heavy makeup on and the whole group of people from earlier, were looking at me waiting for my answer. I saw Gale standing all the way in the back,, trying to hide behind people.

I raised a brow at her question. She extended her hand, "I am Madeline, the bride" she said with a huge smile.

I shook her Hand "Brett Di Camillio, congratulations on your wedding" I replied politely.

"A bunch of us are getting a drink, want to join us?" she offered.

I raised a brow " You want me..... Crystal's boyfriend to have drinks with her ex-husband. Why? So you can tell me about her?" I confirmed.

Her face changed as she looked at Gale, and back to me. She squimmered standing there not knowing how to respond. "You don't know what you are getting into" she said her face suddenly, turning ugly.

"Thanks for the concern, but I can handle her. " I said with a smile and walked into the waiting elevator.

No wonder she was apprehensive about bringing me to the Wedding. God, I shuddered imagining what tomorrow will be like.

Crystal Brown

Meeting Thomas and Jimmy after such a long time was nice. Even though I moved from Roseville, I was always in touch with Thomas, we couldn't meet very often but , he made an effort to at least visit me every few months.

I was in much more in control of myself after a relaxing evening with Brett, Thomas and Jimmy. But when I heard Gale's voice in the Hotel, I shivered like something crawled up my spine, I hated how I reacted. I was lucky not to run into him, the few times I had visited the past years. The last I had seen of him was at the court.

Sleep came very late, as I was worrying about tomorrow. More than me, I don't want my parents and family, feeling uncomfortable.

The next day, Brett came bright and early, for breakfast. We spend the day at home with my parents, a few cousins, who dropped by to say hello. When it was time to get ready, I packed my stuff and went with Brett to his room. He was happy, that he got some time alone with me, and proceeded to "Relax" me as he called it. I felt content to be in his arms again, One night without him and I craved for his warmth so much.

We very reluctantly, got dressed, and Johnson dropped us off at the country club were the wedding and the reception was to take place.

The place was decorated very lavishly, and the wedding had just the families and close friends, but the reception was to be on a larger scale. Looking at the place, my wedding memories came flooding back, and I moved closer to Brett, holding his arm as we walked in.