Chapter 11

Brett Dicamillio

I had the most relaxed and wonderful weekend. When I called Cris on Friday afternoon, it was on the intention of spending the weekend with her, I wanted her to stay with me so we could go out dining, clubbing and do other things that couples do.

But then things changed and she told me the truth about herself. Divorce was not uncommon, I was stunned in the beginning, but then I was glad she was open about it, before we started anything. I can't imagine, who would let go of such an angel. His loss. I was worried that she still loved him, or was hoping to get back with him. But she assured me she had no such intentions.

The two days that I spent with her, gave me a glimpse into how my future would be with her. These two days were calm, relaxing and blissful with her. She is a very confident, intelligent, strong , warm, helpful and loving person. She had a sense of humor and I loved, that I could make her laugh. All her neighbours loved her, and took advice from her for gardening, she was an awesome cook and an amazing lover.

I never once felt bored, or even tempted to switch on my phone, or check my emails, I could discuss my work with her, and so many other things. She was very well read and we even had a few heated discussions , which only ended in bed.

Everything about her turned me on, It never tired me. I loved waking up with her, and going to bed snuggled with her. I would be down on my knee proposing to her, if she hadn't wanted to go slow.

It was hard leaving her on Monday morning, I hadn't planned on coming back that evening. But the whole day my mind keeps drifting to her, and even though I hadn't messaged or called her the whole day, she was there lingering somewhere in my mind.

I felt bad for waking her early, to make me a coffee, I cant work without it. The first thing I did when I reached office was to tell my secretary to buy a coffee machine, that I use.

Living in the city, I usually work late and have a lot of dinner meetings over the week, to get things done faster. But that wasn't an option anymore. I wanted to go home to Cris to a nice warm home cooked meal and a relaxed evening with her. We could have compromised and had, Cris drive up here a couple days and me drive down to her home a couple days, But I love her house, after her grandma passed away, she renovated it beautifully. Its what you call home, Not my sparsely furnished pent house, where I just have a couple couches and a Bed.

Cole walked into my office, with a frown "you have been MIA the whole weekend?" he said.

"You know how to reach me." I said smiling.

"Linda and I wanted you over for dinner on Saturday. I wanted to discuss, last weeks ventures with you." He said trying to access if I would give out anything about my weekend .

Linda is Cole's wife. She was the lead developer for one of the software we bought, 4 years ago. It was love at first sight for them, and they got married 2 years later. Ever since Linda has been trying to set me up with her friends, they just disguise the invitation as just dinner, or hanging out at home or checking out a new restaurant.

"Who did I miss this time at dinner?" I asked smirking.

"Linda's college mate was visiting" he answered guility.

I knew its no use prolonging it , I do want them to meet Cris. "How about I introduce you guys to who I met." I said, Cole looked up at me surprised and that slowly changed to a big blown smile.

"Is that who you were with this weekend?" He asked me. I nodded smiling a little dazed remembering how we spent it. "She must be special, if you are ready for us to meet her." He said smiling. I never introduce any of the girls I go out with because I know they were not long term.