Chapter 34

Brett DiCamillo

"Brett, Brett ... are you alright?" that was Donald, calling me out of my trance. I had fallen to the ground and stayed there for god knows how long, before Donald was shaking me and trying to get me back to reality.

I looked up squinting at him from the sudden light hitting my eyes, I shuffled and moved around, but didn't get up.

"I am fine, I think I will go back to the Hotel. Please settle the bill and see everyone, back safe" I said trying hard not to waver my voice and handing my Business card to him.

He sighed sitting down beside me "What happened? You don't look good? You know you can share anything with me right?" He said patting my shoulder.

Donald was much older to me. He was a brilliant counselor and a good friend. We had hired him immediately after we formed the company, he stayed with us through thick and thin and guided us legally, and very professional in a very profitable path. I respected him a lot. He was a Family man, with 2 sons and a daughter. His wife is a very pleasant person, and Donald worshipped the ground she walked on. He was very thrilled about my engagement and had also invited Cris and me for dinner a couple weeks ago.

I was still debating whether to cry my heart out to Donald or drown myself in alcohol when my phone rang again. I picked it up without looking at the caller id hoping it was either Johnson or Cris.

"Brett Di Camillo ..."

"Who is this?" I questioned not recognizing the voice.

"Hahaha...... the truth that you are denying. From the tone of your voice, I think you already saw, the intimate time your Fiancee is having with Thomas. I believe you are not in town" He laughed out loud again.

I grunted "They are just friends," I said clenching my teeth.

"Believe what you want Brett, but I was right, she was a gold digger and a whore then, and still is, that's the truth."

"Mind your language Gale" I barked

"Or what? There is nothing you can do Brett. Even though I hate you, I will give you a free advice, break your engagement with her, before she breaks your heart. That's all she is good at." He laughed again hanging up.

I raised my phone in frustration to smack it to the ground.

"Brett Stop it. I don't know who called and what they said. But this is not you. Calm down. Anger is not going to get you anything." Donald shouted to get through to me.

I lowered my hand sighing, yes this was not me. What are you doing to me, Cris? I have become an aggressive, possessive and demanding man. This not me. I deal anything with patience calm and tolerance. I took a deep breath.

I am never wrong in judging people, and I know I can trust my heart with Cris. She is mine, and I promised to believe and trust her when she said Thomas was just a friend, and I will. I am not Gale, to jump to wrong conclusions. I am a better person than that. With that, I calmed myself.

"Sorry, Donald you had to see me like this." I apologized.

"No worries son. Its something you taught me, think with a calm mind, and the answers will come to you" he said patting my back.

"I am exhausted Donald, I think I will head back to the room." He nodded and waited till I got in my car and headed towards the hotel.

I was going to wait till I spoke to Cris before I jumped to any conclusions. I love her and she loves me. I saw it in her eyes, and I trust her. I went to bed with that thought.