quatre

Yeonwoo saddled for Youngjae his best white stallion named Snow while Youngjae was looking for some clothes and found by accident an old silver sword after his father in grandmother's bedroom. Then, he dressed into old black trousers with white shirt and old brown boots. He looked at himself in the mirror and rubbed his eyes. I have to do it. I have to. His voice inside of his head repeated over and over. He put the sword back in its sheath and looked around himself. He took only few things he loved - a tiny, old book with fairy tales from his grandmother and his mother's gold necklace. He sat on the bed next to his grandmother and grabbed her hand between his. Her wrinkled hand was now cold, almost cold as ice. He bented down to kiss his grandmother's cheek. 

❞I'll be back soon, granny. I promise.❞ he whispered and a tear fell on her cheek.

❞You have to open your eyes, you have to breathe, you have to live. You're the only person I have, I can't lose you. Promise you won't leave me.❞ 

He noticed that Yeonwoo stepped inside and held a cup of tea. Youngjae was thankful he was here so he won't worry about his grandmother being alone in their house.

❞Yeonwoo, promise me you'll look after her when I'll be gone.❞ he said to him and he nodded.

❞And you'll promise me you'll be careful, kid. Watch your back.❞ he patted his shoulder and Youngjae nodded. 

He slung on his back an old satchel, in which he had a food for a few days. Youngjae swung into the saddle and waved him goodbye before he urged the horse to ride. 

The ride was long and even though he rode at dawn, behind the his back he had a full moon with stars. They stopped at the river couple times to drink and to eat something, but then they rode still further and further, until they found a secluded place where they could spend the night. Youngjae tied his horse near the tree, which then he climbed on and sat with his back pressed against the massive tree trunk. Snow immediately fell asleep while Youngjae was staring at the beautiful stars and he quietly mumbled a melody which he has known from his mother. She called it a brave melody. Youngjae has a habit of mumbling that when he was alone or nervous. He thought of his mother and wanted to cry even harder. He missed her. He missed her really badly. But then, he touched his necklace from his mother and smiled. He knew she's always with him. With this thought, he immediately fell asleep.