cinq

Early in the morning, they went further and found by their journey a really valuable for pepper for Yeonwoo. He tried to look for several other herbs that Yeonwoo mentioned to him, he tried but didn't find many of them. The most important thing - blue rose - he still couldn't find it. Some times he led the horse by the bridle because he had to cut a path with the sword. His white shirt was a bit ripped on his left arm but he didn't care. 

He cut a path through to a huge black gate that was covered with roses and long roots with thorns. They were thick, so it took him awhile before he got inside. When he walked thought the gate, he immediately noticed a those blue roses Yeonwoo talked about. Snow followed Youngjae and when Youngjae bended down to pluck a blue rose, he heard something. He quickly got up and looked around himself. He was there alone. He carefully patter horse's back and decided to go inside the old castle whence the sounds came from. The door was ajar so he quietly slipped inside and when he looked around himself, he saw old paintings - portraits of a family - in gold frames covered with dust and webs. His curiosity made him run his fingers over a small painting placed on the table. He heard growl behind him and turned around. A shadow of something big ran past him and before he could grabbed the sword, the shadow pushed him strongly. He lost his balance and fell on the floor. He felt a blood on his lip and tried to get up, but the shadow pushed him again and that time, he passed out.

***

❞Why isn't he getting up, mom? It's been almost three hours now.❞ he heard kid's voice at the background.

❞It was a big blow when he fell, darling.❞ a woman's voice answered. 

❞Look, the boy's waking up.❞ a kid sang happily and Youngjae rubbed his eyes. 

He thought he was dreaming because he heard voices but didn't see anyone. He hissed in pain while he tried to get up. He still felt a bit dizzy. He looked around himself and saw he's locked in a room with bars. He didn't have his sword or his old satchel and panicked a bit. 

❞Hello, is anyone here?❞ he asked.

❞Over here.❞ Someone called and he looked around himself again. Then, he felt something warm brushed against his shin, and jumped. He looked down and saw a candlestick walking around him and covered his mouth in shock.

❞Oh hello, finally you've noticed me.❞ a candlestick giggled and Youngjae was still confused yet he found a courage to sit down again. He grabbed a candlestick and looked at it.

❞You can talk?❞ he asked, surprised. 

❞Well of course we can, boy. It's all we can actually do here.❞ A deep voice boomed and Youngjae noticed an older candlestick walking closer to him. 

❞This can't be real. Am I dreaming?❞ he asked them again and a candlestick which he held, smiled at him.

❞Come with us. You need to eat something.❞ A sweet woman's voice told him and a candlestick which he was holding, jumped off his hands. The cell door was ajar and without thinking, he followed those talking items.