dix-sept

(Ehm, prepare tissues, ehm.)

Youngjae's been sitting in a saddle for a while but for him, it felt as if he had been sitting there forever. The dark and deep forest wouldn't let him go without making the way though, it felt like the forest was defending itself from another disaster, from another human. Branches on the ground, destroyed flowers and shrubs gave him the right answer and the strong smell of fire and recent burns didn't make him feel any better. In this whole mess, his thoughts were still fixed on prince Jaebum, his granny, and the prince's family.

What's happening right now? Are they all alright? Are they hurt?

He had so many questions yet no one was able to give him any answer.

He crossed through the forest faster and faster until he came to the kingdom. He heard screaming, crying, shooting and a trot of horses running away from the fire. He heard the beating of swords in battle and filling guns with gunpowder. He jumped off his horse and grabbed his sword. He saw his reflection in it, the silver still not covered with blood showed the face of an adult man with a small scar on his cheek, with clothes covered in dust and blood of his beloved friend. Youngjae has never seen himself like that. The anger filled him up and when he saw a man running straight to him with a sword in his face, he immediately raised hand and cut the man's arm. Youngjae didn't want to kill him, but he wanted to hurt everyone who harmed the kingdom. He ran through the castle and saw many battles, some people gave up and helped the cursed items to defend. Somehow, it seemed like a dream. He quickly bented down when someone tried to attack him and quickly kicked man's chest and cause him to fall down.

❞Nice kick, Mr. Youngjae.❞ Jooeun said happily when he saved her life.

❞I'm happy to see you again, Jooeunie. Come with me, show me the way.❞ he quickly grabbed her and ran upstairs the castle. On the way upm he helped several cursed items and they were really happy to see him again. It gave them somehow a strenght to continue with a fight again. Jooeun lighten up his way through the dark and walked with him to parts of the castle where he's never been before.

❞A beast like you don't deserve to live anymore.❞ the stranger said and kicked the injured prince's ribs. He hissed in pain quietly, but got up again and with a pain going through his whole body, he grabbed his sword and began to fight again. Prince was pretty badly injured, but he tried to stay on his feet and fight until he runs out of his breath. 

❞Mr. Youngjae!❞ Jooeun shouted at Youngjae when a unknown man appeared from the dark and cut his arm. Youngjae quickly dropped Jooeun on the floor, letting her escape and save herself. He noticed her crying and he tried his best to smile at her, so she would believe it's okay. It wasn't and they both knew that, but it helped them both to catch a breath again.

❞What do we have here? Another hero?❞ the man chuckled and Youngjae quickly switched the sword to his right hand before they began to fight.

❞Someone who will kick your ass in less than ten seconds.❞ Youngjae hissed and began to fight with a stranger on the corridor. Youngjae managed to hurt him a few times before he grabbed the old chair and hit him, but that still didn't make him win the battle. The stranger got up and he made a really huge mistake when he bent down for his sword. Youngjae grabbed every part of his strength and kicked him straightly to his jaw, causing him to break the window and fall out of it. With a scream of horror, the man fell down and a man with a bun noticed it. He shouted angrily and attacked the prince and at the same time, Youngjae walked out. Prince hit his arm and the man dropped his sword, then prince took an opportunity and grabbed him under his neck and lifted him up.

❞I am not the beast.❞ prince Jaebum growled and threw him back to the ground. He injured the stranger, but still he could get up. He turned around and noticed Youngjae standing there, he quickly pulled out his gun but Jaebum began to fight with him again to take him a gun but suddenly, the sound of the firing sounded all over the kingdom. The beast grabbed his stomach and the stranger immediately left through another way, but the bridge underneath him started to slowly fall down and so did he. Jaebum ran as well and quickly jumped next to Youngjae.

❞Jaebum!❞ he shouted his name and helped him back on his legs. 

❞I told you to not come here.❞ he hissed in pain when he held his stomach. Youngjae opened the door of the first bedroom he found, the room where the rose was and he collapsed on the ground. 

❞Don't you dare to die, Jaebum.❞ Youngjae groaned, when he saw more and more blood on his shirt. He ripped off the part of prince's coat and placed it on his open wound to stop the bleeding.

❞It's my time already, Youngjae. You c-can't change the destiny.❞ he whispered and started to close his eyes.

❞No, NO! Jaebum, wake up. I can't lose you, I-❞ he said and his tears began to stream down his face. He buried his face into his shoulder and sobbed out loudly. 

He wipped his tears off his face with his long sleeve and said: 

❞I love you.❞ 

And then, he pressed his lips against Jaebum's.