neuf

Youngjae woke up really early that day and decided he'll go explore the castle before the breakfast because he's really bored here and also, he's trying to avoid the beast. He suddenly remembered a room full of books and immediately ran downstairs, almost falling off the stairs. He stepped inside and heard someone's deep voice reading loudly. He realised it's him and immediately, he wanted to leave but Jaebum quickly noticed him. 

❞I see you've discovered my library already.❞ he said and didn't even bother to took a gaze off his book. 

❞Well, what else can I do here than exploring the castle?❞ he said back and ran a hand through his hair.

❞Have you really read all of the books here?❞ Youngjae asked him after few seconds of silence.

❞No. Some of them are written in foreign languages.❞ Jaebum said amused and stood up. 

❞Are you joking right now?❞ he asked him and bit his lower lip.

❞I don't know, am I?❞ he chuckled and walked pass him, ❞You can read every book from now, the library is also yours.❞

❞Are you nice to all your prisoners?❞ Youngjae said, amused and Jaebum came closer to him. 

❞I've never had here a prisoner before.❞ he mumbled and left the room.

***

After the yesterday accident, today they had a dinner together. They were sitting opposite to each other and Youngjae couldn't not notice that Jaebum was looking at him and everytime he looked back, he dodged a glance which made Youngjae smiled a bit. Jaebum was wearing a red red long embellished jacket and black trousers with white shirt. Without a doubt you'd notice he's a part of a royal family due to his clothes. But his clumsy behavior and  resentfulness with a moments he's really nice showed he's a human being trapped in a beast. They haven't spoken since the dinner and Youngjae didn't mind it. After dinner, he left the table first and went back to his room but his curiosity somehow force him to stepped into other room, probably Jaebum's. He stepped inside and found there's only a table with a rose covered with a glass lid. He ran a fingers through it and a leaf fell down. 

❞What did you do?❞ Jaebum shouted angrily and ran to Youngjae and his rose.

❞No-nothing, I swear.❞ Youngjae stammered. 

❞Get out of here!❞ he shouted and pushed him. Youngjae would be stupid to not take the opportunity of leaving and quickly ran out of the room. He found his stuffs in the hall and even though he heard a little Jooeun's voice, he swung into the saddle and rode out of the castle as fast as he could. He rode, and didn't turn around but a wolf howling made him stop. 

The horse stood on the back and started kicking when he saw wolves. Youngjae patted him and tried to calm him down. He dismounted down and grabbed his sword. There were around seven of them, all white wolves howling and showing their teeth. Youngjae looked around him and found out they are surrounded by them and there's no escape. When one wolf tried to attack him, he wounded him and the animal whimpered and collapsed to the ground. Other tried to attack him but he was only one and there were many of them, he couldn't defend himself or the horse. When they scratched his arms, he dropped his sword due to pain and couldn't pick it up. Other wolf wanted to attack him but out of nowhere, he appeared and attacked them. They were fighting and he was so strong he won against them but after a few seconds, he collapsed. Youngjae wanted to swung into the saddle and ride but he just... He couldn't. He slowly went to him and run a thumb over his face. 

❞Jaebum, you have to stand up. We need to take you home.❞