donze

Light wind blew through the open window, but surprisingly the wind was still strong enough to tousle his already messy dark brown hair. Prince Jaebum quickly ran a hand through his hair to fix them, and sighed as he heard Youngjae peacefully breathing out. He didn't want to leave him alone for a second, that's how much he was worried about him. Even the cursed items had to convince him that he should leave a room for a moment, but he didn't do that. He stayed in the corner, watching them running around him. When they finished their work, they let prince Jaebum be with Youngjae alone.

Prince Jaebum lay on a divan, his body was covered with only a thin satin blanket and his face was turned to Youngjae's bed. He's been watching him since the accident. He noticed all these perfections and imperfections on him, every single detail about his face - how his lashes tremble when he sleeps, how his brows begins to wrinkling when he's reading, how his lips are shaped into a small smile when he's talking to someone.

Suddenly, the door has opened and he saw a little lightstick walking closer to his divan. He immediately got up and yawned.

❞Prince Jaebum, may I ask you on something?❞ the little girl asked him quietly, as she opened the door and tiptoed inside the Youngjae's bedroom. She found prince Jaebum sitting on a chair while he was holding Youngjae's hand.

❞Why aren't you sleeping, Jooeun? It's late for you to be up.❞ he asked her back and picked her up from the ground.

He turned his head to one side, because wasn't sure what she was thinking about him, but then her answered made him even more sad: ❞I can't sleep, because I'm worried about Mr. Youngjae.❞

❞I know, sunshine. Me too.❞ he answered queitly, ❞but you wanted to know something, so what is it?❞

The little girl looked down to avoid his gaze, which made Jaebum chuckle. How could someone be that cute?

❞I wanted to ask you if are you, by any chance, in love with Mr. Youngjae?❞

❞I-In love?❞ he gasped, absolutely suprised with the question.

She giggled quietly and looked at him again. ❞Yes, in love.❞ She had to repeat her question again.

❞I-uhm-well Y-Youngjae means a lot to me. I really care about him and I can't imagine losing him.❞ he mumbled.

❞So you love him?❞

❞I wouldn't call it love, darling. But yes, I do feel something to him.❞ he whispered and she covered her mouth, ❞but why are you asking me on it?❞

❞I knew it. You two are made for each other, everyone knows that.❞ she said happily.

❞ I heard my mom saying if you two won't fall in love with each other, the curse won't break and we'll forever remain cursed.❞ she admitted and looked into his eyes. She felt guilty, yet she was sure she had to say it loudly. She couldn't imagine her live as a furniture for the rest of her life, and neither could the rest of the cursed items.

❞It's late for thinking about these things, sunshine. Let's go to bed now, alright?❞ Jaebum said with a caring voice to hide the bitterness he had in his mouth.

❞Alright, prince. Goodnight.❞ she mumbled fastly, and almost jumped off from his arms and ran to her room.

He sighed and bit his lower lip to calm himself down. He lay back down and closed his eyes, trying to get rid of these thoughts. He felt that all the fatigue had come upon him and found himself almost falling asleep, but something made him quickly opened his eyes:

❞Shine bright, shine bright.
The light brightly shines.
Let's watch the beautiful light.
And we will never lose.
We will fight.
We will never cry.
We will survive.
We will never hide.
We will be brave.
We will fight with pride.
We will feel safe.
We will stay.
We will stay until the dark.❞

---
tysm for 5,2K readers. i appreciate it a lot. i love you, guys xoxo