treize

The song was sounding through the corridor, and prince Jaebum followed it blindly like a lost puppy. The song, the melody was so important to him. So familiar, so close to his heart. He put his hand on his chest and felt his warm spill over his whole body. Suddenly, however, he felt the need to settle down because as his head began to hurt a lot. He felt dizzy. He grasped the back of the couch, but his legs betrayed him and he collapsed to the ground. 

******

❞You're too kind on him, Deokhye. The boy must be ready to rule this country. He must be prepared to make hard decisions, and that people will sacrifice their own lives for him. You can't let him play around, help in the kitchen, learn how to read, how to sew clothes. He's a man for fuck sakes!❞  the man shouted at his wife, slapping her face and that caused her to fall to the ground. 

My king, please. He's only seven years old. Don't make a warrior from him. Yeong please, I'm begging you. Have a mercy on him. He's still a boy.❞ she begged him and bowed so deeply that her forehead touched the ground.  

❞It's not up to you, Deokhye. I'm the king of this kingdom, and you're just a woman who can't give a birth to another child.❞ he walked away from her and left her there lying on the ground, queitly sobbing. 

❞ Mama, mama why are you crying? Mama, are you hurt?❞  her little son walked in after his father has left the room.

❞ I'm okay, little prince. There's no need to worry about me, okay?❞  she assured him and wiped the blood from her face. ❞Do you remember the song, little prince?❞

 Please, let me call someone who will look after you. You are hurt. Mama, please!❞  he begged her and slipped into her open arms, while she patted gently his back. 

❞ Remember the song, little prince. It's your song after all. Don't ever let anyone to take it from you, okay?❞ 

****** 

After he opened his eyes, he saw a tall slim figure of a woman dressed into long black dress walking towards him. He tried to get up, but he felt sick and weak. The woman's smile on her face and scent seemed familiar to him yet he couldn't remember where does he know her from. The woman bent down to him and carefully stroked his hair.

❞Who are you?❞ he asked her.

❞Prince, we know each other pretty well, don't we?❞ she smiled at him and he sighed heavily, as he felt a strong chest pain. 

Hyeyoung.❞ he said her name with a bit bitterness in his mouth.

❞You've changed a lot since the last time I visited you. My sister said you're doing better now, because of the prisoner you have here.❞ she whispered, ❞but he isn't just a prisoner, isn't he?❞

❞What do you want from me, Hyeyoung?❞ he hissed at her and tried to get up again.

❞I came to show you something. Take it as a gift. I would never believe I would ever help you but since you've changed like my sister says.❞ she said, amused and touched his temples.

******

  ❞Choi Youngjae has been hold as a prison on the castle in the deep woods. The story is real, ladies and gentlemans! It's not a fairytale. There's a murdered, selfish and really cruel person in the woods, and we need to him before he could ever hurt someone else. Oh my, my poor Youngjae. Such a precious young man!❞

❞Stop saying nonsences, Yeonwoo! Are you out of your mind?❞ an older man said and threw a empty glass of beer on him.

❞I mean it, please. You have to help me. You have to help Youngjae. He's in danger.❞ he begged and faked a sadness in his voice.

❞What? Is he really in danger?❞ Someone called and they all turned to face him.

A tall man around Youngjae's age got up from the chair, slowly walked to Yeonwoo and put his best smile on his face. No one's ever seen this man here before yet they were amazed by his beauty and strong arms he had. Dressed as a part of a royal family, with his light brown hair in a small bun and dark eyes as the mahogany wood and a few scars were covering his body, he made people think he's strong but danger. 

  ❞Are you really going to just sit here and do nothing for your country? For Youngjae? I bet he's done so many things for you. Don't you owe him for even a once?!❞ he spoke to the crowd and people began to whisper about it.

❞Will you let the beast to take him? Will you? What kind of people are you?❞ he said again and this time, he jumped on the table.

❞I'm asking you as a man, as a warrior, as an inhabitants of this country. Will you join me to defend your country? Will you join me and help me kill the beast?!❞ he shouted and people were really happy about this idea, they immediately stood up and began to clap and cheer up loudly.

*****

Youngjae opened his eyes when he heard the sound of opening heavy old doors from his bedroom and quickly got up. He saw Jaebum's face and began to worry what's going on? 

❞You should go home, Youngjae. I've been holding you here for a while I haven't realised you've got your own family outside the castle.❞ he suddenly said.

❞Prince Jaebum, I don't understand it. What's happening?❞ he asked him and grabbed his hand, but Jaebum pushed his hand away.

❞Please go before I'll start to regret my decision, Youngjae. GO!❞ he shouted on him and Youngjae took a step closer to him and wanted to say him something, but then he stepped back and took all his things from the bedroom. Without saying other word, he dressed into a warm coat and ran from the castle, tears were streaming down his face. 

If he only knew why Jaebum has done it.... 

_____

1022 words, woah! I'm sorry guys for writing these long chapters but I lowkey hope you won't mind it. Prepare for the end, and bring some tissues as well. 

!!!Thank you so much for 5,8K readers! I don't deserve it, really. You guys are amazing!!!