quatorze

Meanwhile people in town were preparing for an attack on the castle in the deep forest, prince Jaebum was sitting down on the bed with head buried between his hands, thinking about Youngjae's upset face. He did what he had to do. Youngjae's safety was the number one priority for him. He hurt him by locking him here and taking him away from his family, and now he hurt him again when he let him go home. He deeply sighed, before he got up and looked down from the window and saw the starry night and all these stars flying across the sky like tiny fireflies and then all at once, one star started to fall down. He smiled. Youngjae's advice just popped into his head.

❞Make a wish when you see a star falling down and don't say it out loud, or your wish will never come true prince.❞

He closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand - you could notice his almost invisible smile instead of stern look on his face. He adjusted his collar and then, stepped out of his bedroom to get some tea. 

❞Prince, where's Youngjae?❞ the teapot asked him, after she poured him a cup of tea.

❞I asked him to leave.❞ he asnwered her and didn't dare to look at her.

❞Why, prince? What happened?❞ she asked him again.

❞Because.... I have to protect him. I have to protect him from myself.❞ he immediately stood up and accidentaly toppled a cup of tea on the ground.

❞Something's happening and I want to know what it is. You wouldn't do that so sudden, I know you wouldn't.❞ she raised her voice a bit and he sighed.

People in town are about to attack the castle. I sent him away because I don't want to endanger him.❞ he whispered, ❞I know you're gonna be alright, because you can hide into a cupboard. No one would ever hurt you, because no one knows about you. I'm the target, Jinyi.❞

❞Dear god.❞ she sighed.

❞Please, go hide somewhere. I want you to be safe. You're the only family I have.❞ he mumbled, before he went back to his bedroom. Jinyi looked around her and an idea immediately popped into her head. 

She would have never ever let him fight by himself. 

****

A huge group of men approached the castle. They were holding torches and swords, spears, bows, agricultural tools, basically everything they've found at home. In the middle, the man who unleashed the fight was confidently walking straight to the castle. These men were no warriors but only local drunkards and lazybones who have never or rarely fought. They have made their way to the kingdom and began to destroy everything around them. Things has escalated really quickly - from the time they opened the gate to the moment they opened the door. Every piece of the furniture had their instructions. Everyone knew what they have to do. The first priority was to protect the castle and prince itself, then their lives.

After men stepped in, the attack began. 

****

When Youngjae arrived back to the town, there wasn't no living soul. The town was quiet, unusually quiet. No one was out. The local pub was closed and it wasn't even seven pm. People were hiding in homes, like they were waiting for something bad to happen. When they noticed a man on a horse in the middle of empty square, they hid behind the windows. Youngjae encouraged the horse to move and quickly went home to see his beloved grandma

He tied the horse to the tree, then he opened the door and quickly set out into the kitchen to prepare the drink from blue rose. Yeonwoo's back was still there, so he took everything he needed. It has taken some time, so Youngjae quickly went to chech his grandma. She still has looked so pale, so weak, so skinny. He grabbed her hand between his and pulled it closer to his chest.

❞Granny, your little prince is here. You're gonna be fine. I'll take care of you, Granny. I promise.❞ he whispered. 

❞No, you won't.❞ Someone said and Youngjae turned around to face the stranger, but he wasn't quick enough. Someone hit him in the back of his head and he collapsed down on the ground.

______________________________________________________________________________

Bonjour!
I want to apologize for my a little long hiatus from writing. Hope you're happy with the new chapter. Let me know what do you think about it. ♥
Have a nice day & take care.

PS: Don't forget to check my new story called escort • hyungwonho !!! It means a lot to me.  Thank you so much.