Chapter 4: Stubborn meets Subborn

-4-

Mira's POV

"Mr. Cuevas can be a big help to all of us. Especially, he owns a large range of restaurants across the country. He even showed interest on investing in our company. That can be an additional factor that he can be as one of our investors." pag-e-explain ng isa sa mga nag-propose ng sinabi niyang investor.

Kanina pa 'ko nakikinig pero wala talaga akong interest na makinig sa kanya o kahit sa mga naunang nag-present. The reason, there is already an investor that caught my attention matapos kong basahin ang lahat ng proposal na natanggap ko. Kanina ko pa rin pinag-aaralan ang profile niya. Kung susumahin, his investment would be like the proportion of 1:10. Plus the fact that he owns a hotel and casino, which he puts so much money just to import wineries from the other country. In my thinking, the both sides would benefit. His investment could be a big help to our project, in return, he can save more money if he would just but our wineries.

"Miss Vega?"

Kaagad akong nag-angat ng tingin nang marinig ko ang pag-tawag sa'kin, "Yes?"

"What do you think of this investor?" tanong sa'kin ni Ate

"Good. Let's proceed with the next."

"Mira, kanina pa tayo nag-papalipat- lipat ng mga investors. In fact, tapos na lahat i-present. " sabi ni Ken

"Oh, hindi ko namalayan na tapos, sorry."

"Mira, are you even listening to the presentations?"

"Yes, I am."

"But you seems like you're not interested in this meeting."

"I am interested. But not with the investors that has been presented."

"What? Mira, are you even serious?"

Kaagad akong tumayo at pina-project ang ginawa kong presentation sa napipisil kong investor.

"Mr. Patrick Craig Gonzales, a billionaire businessman who owns a hotel and casino and which is known worldwide for it's excemptional because of the good service and many positive feedbacks from their clients. He also own a bar which also earns a lot but he also spends a lot with. Because, he doesn't trust local products. Pero, we can change his perception about local products when we introduced Bellolino Wines to him."

"But Miss Vega, we already tried of getting his favor and everyone here in this room can bet that we cannot get him in any way." sagot bigla ng isa sa board

"I think you're insulting my capabilities, Sir."

"Tingin mo kaya mong makuha ang pabor niya?" tanong ni Ken

"Ken, I even tried to have a negotiation of one of the Prince in the middle east. If Mr. Gonzales have no difference, then I guess, I can make the same technique I did to make the Prince say yes."

Kaagad akong nakarinig ng mga bulungan sa paligid ko na siya namang nakapag-pa giti sa'kin. I will never forget that task that Dad gave me. Who am I? I'm just a simple commoner compaired to the Prince. And imagine my feeling when he already said 'yes' and signed the contract.

"I need your trusts on me for doing this."

"But Mira, don't you think it's just a waste of time on focusing on just one investor?" - Ate

"Miss President, his investment can be compared to the ratio of 1:10. Truly, maaaring masayang ang oras natin para lang mapilit siya but what is the difference of talking to 10 investors and talking to Mr. Gonzales?"