Chapter 36: Detriment

-36-

Claire's POV

Nang mai-park ni Bie ang sasakyan, mabilis kong tinanggal ang seatbelt ko. Bie did the same and we both went inside the hospital. Kaagad kaming lumapit sa receptionist ng hospital.

"Excuse me, may I know the room number of Mira Thompson?" Gabby immediately asked.

"I'm sorry sir, bawal daw pong sabihin, restricted daw po."

"Kasama—"

"Gab!" I heard Patrick's voice calling us, "Kasama namin sila." he said to the receptionist.

"Sumunod kayo sa'kin." he said as he started walking. We followed him.

"Kelan pa naka-uwi si Mira? At bakit siya nandito?" hindi ko na napigilang mag-tanong.

"Things went fcked up. Matagal na palang hostage nung Zedric ang pamilya niya dito pati sa Japan. Sapilitan rin siyang isinama pabalik dito nang malaman kung nasan siya, with the threat that they'll send her sister to her in pieces."

"Goodness!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. She dealt with the devil himself."

We took the elevator and went to the private part of the ER of the hospital. Sa unahan pa lang ng hallway, puno na ng mga bodyguard, probably ordered by Xander. As we passed through them, nakita namin si Xander at Owen sa dulo ng hallway. Xander was on the benches, staring on the floor blankly.

"Bro," Patrick called his attention and showed us to him

"How is she?" I asked.

Xander didn't answer. He seemed lost and agitated. Dun ko lang rin nakita na putikan ang damit niya. He remained silent. It was Owen who answered me, "Wala pa rin kaming balita hanggang ngayon."

"What's taking them so long?"

"Naubusan ng hangin si Mira sa katawan. She had to go through several physical tests para malaman ang lagay niya."

Narinig kong nag-tanong si Bie kay Patrick, "Gaano katagal na kayong naghihintay?"

"Almost 30 minutes. Wala pa ring balita." I heard him sigh, "Kasama pa yung Ate niya. She was severely injured."

"Where is she now?"

"Nasa VIP07. Wala pa rin siyang malay."

"Sinong bantay don?" Bie asked.

"Ken was there a while ago. Ewan ko lang ngayon. They said they're going after Zedric."

Bie discreetly called my attention. Marahan akong hinatak ni Bie palayo sa kanila, "Bie, pwede bang puntahan mo muna ang Ate ni Mira? Susunod ako don."

I knowingly nodded, "Okay."

He smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead saka bumalik sa pwesto nila Xander. I glance one last time at Xander, he was clearly spaced out and seemed lost as he stare on the ground. I sighed as I walked towards the room of Mira's sister. Why does this need to happen to them? I wouldn't even dare to imagine being in the shoes of either the two. Paniguradong masakit 'yon, higit pa, lalo na't nagsisimula pa lang sila.

When I reached the room, I gently opened the door to Ate Mina's room. Even Ate was in a very bad shape. She had a cervical collar on and different cast on her arm and legs. She has major injuries and fractures on her body. I even heard that there was a bomb strapped onto her. What kind of a devil was reincarnated to that person?