Chapter 28: Incertitude

-28-

Xander's POV

I was sitting on the counter table and having my cup of coffee when Mira's door opened. Still in her pajamas, it seems to me that she just woke up. She was looking straight to me and said, "Wait there."

Pumasok siya ulit sa loob ng kwarto niya and after a couple minutes, lumabas na ulit siya. She walked straight beside me at sumandal sa counter table.

"I had to check you first before even I could wash my face. Baka kasi mag-isa na naman ako dito sa unit."

I smiled to her, "It won't happen again."

"Dapat lang."

"Coffee?" I offered her.

"Hot choco would be a lot better."

I smiled to her as I went to make her hot choco.

"'Di ka aalis ngayon?" she asked

"Nope. Baka maisipan mong uminom ulit e."

"Nah. I'm not in the mood."

I just laughed and continued to do her hot choco. Just then, I suddenly felt her hug me from the back. Then she whispered, "Do you really have doubts on what I said last night?"

I took a sigh, finished her hot choco first and then faced her. Still enclosed inside her arms, I held on her face and stared to her eyes. There was no uncertainty in her eyes but I cannot help not to doubt what she replied to me last night.

"I can't help not to."

"So hindi ka naniniwala na mahal kita?"

I kissed her forehead, "Believe me, I've been dreaming for my entire life to hear you say that."

"So, bakit hindi ka sa'kin naniniwala ngayon?"

"It's just that... It happened too fast."

"Nasa bilis o bagal ba 'yon?"

"Mira—"

"Xander, sa buong buhay ko, ikaw lang yung taong makakaya kong gawin lahat, basta nanjan ka, sa tabi ko. And I swear, I hated myself for not giving a damn about what I felt to you ever since. I just kept on denying it."

She was really true to her words. Sa pagkakakilala ko sa kanya, I never saw a sign that she was lying as she said those words. She pulled me closer to her and rested her forehead to mine, "Mahal kita. Alin ba ang mahirap paniwalaan dun?" she whispered.

"Hindi ko rin alam. Ayokong mag-sinungaling sayo, I felt delighted to hear you said that but I can't help not to doubt."

She just sighed as she picked up the cup of hot choco, "May gagawin ka ba ngayon?" pag-iiba niya ng topic kasabay ng pag-iba rin ng tono ng boses niya.

"Wala naman. Bakit?"

"Puntahan natin Mama mo."

I laughed a bit, "Why? Bored ka?"

"Yeah, sobra." she said and walked away to the sofa in the living room.

I just sighed as I fished out to call my mom, "Hey Mom."

["To what do I owe you for this call, son?"]

"Guess who just asked to visit you?"

["Oh my god, is it my daughter?!"] she excitedly exclaimed

"Bingo. I'll guess we'll be taking our lunch there so be ready."