Chapter 33: Imminent Perilous Time

-33-

Mira's POV

"Woah... Babe, you came prepared!" nasabi ko once we settled in a cottage, where literally placed in the middle of the wilderness.

Legit, may nakikita akong giraffe di kalayuan kung saan kami ngayon, "This is insane!"

"Ang ganda, diba?" he asked as he placed our luggages beside the bed.

"Hindi kaya tayo pasukin ng mga 'yan?"

Natawa siya sa sinabi ko, "No, they won't."

Lumapit ako sa kanya at yumakap. He planted a kiss on my head as we both looked at the animals just few meters away from us.

"Pero alam mo, magagalit talaga sa'tin ang Mama mo."

"Bahala siya. Don't we have the right to enjoy our honeymoon to ourselves?"

Napa-iling na lang ako sa sinabi niya. Pabagsak akong humiga sa kama at mabilis na pumikit. Dang! Jet lag is damn real!

"Okay ka lang?" he melodiously asked as he hugged me from behind.

I sighed, "I guess I would never get used to travelling. Jet lags kill me all the time."

"Then rest."

Humiga ako paharap sa kanya, "Make me sleep."

"Gladly." as he started to slowly brush my hair.

Sa ilang araw na dumaan bilang asawa ko siya, I learned that I can easily sleep with him, brushing my hair. It relaxes me and it is really helpful when I find it hard to sleep. And true to my theory, I dozed off.

The next day, Xander already draw out our itinerary for the day. Correction, 12-day trip pala. We'll be roaming around Tanzania and he only told me one thing, "This is gonna be great, babe." Sounding like a threat than a promise to me.

On the first day of our trip, we went to the city of Arusha, Tanzania. We checked in a five-star lodge that lies beneath the majestic Mount Meru that serves a hub to the rest of the safaris in Tanzania's famous Northern Safari Circuit. We spent the whole day touring around and enjoying the wildlife around. We spend the night after back on our lodge.

On our second day, we went to the Lake Manyara. We arrived by after and had our lunch thru a little picnic. The tour also included games. After that, we were told that the lake in noted of its abundant wildlife, such as tree-climbing lions, baboons, and flamingo flocks. We were also lucky that we got to see elephants, zebras, wildebeest, giraffe, antelopes and huge flocks and groups of birds. For our overnight stay, we rented a new five-star tented lodge.

Third day, after taking our breakfast in our lodge, from Lake Manyara, we went to the Serengati National Park via Olduvai Gorge. On our way, we stopped at the Olduvai Gorge Museum to see the unearthed fossils of the earliest human ancestors and their tools. We also visited a Maasai village where we encountered Kenya's best known ethnic group: the semi-nomadic Maasai. After we went to another tented lodge located just beside Serengati National Park.

Fourth day, dun ko lang nalaman kung gaano kalaki ng Serengati National Park, with 14,760 km² of pure plains and wilderness. Inlcuded in our trip was the Tanzania Safari and Zanzibar Beach. Kung ano ang mga hayop ang nakita namin sa Lake Manyara, triple pa ang dinami dito. It now included zebras, gazelles, topi, buffalo, hartebeest and many more. Pati na rin ang infamous big cats of the wild: lions, and their greatest enemy, the hyenas; cheetahs, and leopards. We went back to our tented lodge for our lunch and for our early rest for tomorrow