Chapter 5: Making a better deal

-5-

Mira's POV

"Ohayōgozaimasu!" Good morning! I greeted once I step foot in his office.

"I would suggest that you need to settle things first with my secreatry before barging in my office, Miss Mira, or at least, you could've knocked." Patrick said.

"You know that I'm coming anyway, so why bother setting up an appointment? I'll just knock next time." I said while getting my seat infront of him.

He just sighed as he looked at me. Kaagad kong binuksan ang file case na dala dala ko.

He was about to talk but I stopped him, "Before you say 'I'm not interested', at least lend me an ear for once, will you? You could say those words after I speak, okay?"

He was just looking intently at me. Now, he's pissed. I shrugged it off and started talking.

"Bellolino Wines will have the most major project for this year. For the recent and past wineries, we've been producing expensive and luxurious wines that only fit for first classes. Then, we suddenly think that-"

"That you guys should produce the same taste and quality which is Bellolino is known for but is much cheaper and affordable for most Filipinos. I know."

I stared at him, shocked. "How did you know about that?"

"I've done my research."

"Oh, okay. And know that you've done "your" reasearch, here's my proposals. I am inviting you to be the primary investor for this project and if invested, you can get the most righteous payback for you."

"Which is?" he said without looking at me, he's looking at his laptop beside.

"Annually supply from our products with of course, less price than the usual."

"And?"

"And, after this project, you'll have the chance to have a lifetime partnership with us."

"Then?"

"Then you can avoid from spending too much of your company's fund and all."

"Afterwards?"

"Are you bullshtting me?"

Kaagad siyang napa-tingin sa'kin when I cussed. Oh. They knew cussing was not on my voabulary before, but it has now. Nakaka-irita e.

"Kelan ka pa natuto mag-mura?" tanong niya na halos hindi siya maka-paniwala.

"Dunno. It just came out naturally."

"It doesn't fit on you."

I chuckled, "I didn't know that cussing is a part of a fashion statement."

"Yan ba ang nadala ng Japan sayo?"

"Why are you suddenly acting like a parent to me?"

"I was your friend," I felt a pang with the word 'was', "So I know a thing or two about you. And you're not like that before."

I shrugged before answering, "Well, people change. And so does the attitudes."

Napa-iling na lang siya sa sagot ko, "I'm afraid that "attitude" of yours can affect my decision about your proposals. You just cursed me."

"Oh. Sorry. I just don't like people shtting the hell out of me."