chapter | 2

Saturday morning.

I finished my 48-hour duty last night and came home to my family. I was barely able to keep my eyes open but I managed to bathe Taehyung for bedtime just before I passed out cold on the bed. I remember that I didn't even eat dinner last night so when I woke up, my stomach was already on a loud protest.

Jimin was still asleep as I got up from the bed and into the kitchen. I brewed some coffee for him, making sure it wasn't too bitter because he likes them sweet. I opened the fridge and scanned for something to cook for the Taehyung since the nanny won't be here until 8am. I snatched the eggs and bacon.

"Mommy, goodmorning." Taehyung shuffled into the kitchen in his blue pajamas and his furry slippers. He got his teddy bear in his arm, the one Hoseok gave him for his birthday last year. He seemed attached to it now. "Is Daddy going somewhere?

"Goodmorning baby." I went to him and kissed his forehead, "What do you mean? Daddy doesn't have work today."

"But he does.." Taetae frowned.

Just then, Jimin came out from our room, all dressed up in a formal suit. His hair was slicked back neatly and he was wearing one of his expensive ties along with his favorite tie clip. He gave me a kiss first then picked up Taehyung, "Morning my little soldier."

"You told me you cleared your schedule today." I sent him a dissatisfied look. "You tell me I'm workaholic yet you're being one yourself."

"Babe, this meeting is really important. I just got the message from my secretary just 20 minutes ago." Jimin placed Taehyung down on his chair and pulled me in the hall, where we're out of earshot. "I know I promised to be here today but this will only take a short time. I'll run back home as soon as this is finished."

"You always make promises you can't keep." I said to him, worried about our son, "I don't want you to break Taehyung's heart again. You don't know how sad he was the last time you promised to spend the day with him."

"This time, I promise I'll spend the day with you guys." He rested both his hands on the flesh of my hips as he pushed my back to flatten against the wall.

Jimin made my mind wavered at the touch of his plump lips. I hate that I can't do anything when he has me cornered like this, his hands travel around my back, pulling me in closer as he press his lips harder on mine. I feel like I'm being a huge hypocrite to myself for liking what he's doing to me right now. His kisses has always been my weakness after all.

"I'll finish everything cleanly and come back." Jimin said as he pulled away, "If I break this promise again, you can do anything you want. You won't even hear me complain."

"Alright." I breathed out, holding him still, "But I'd like it if you don't break your promise."

He smiled and intertwined his fingers with mine as we both return to the kitchen. Jimin explained to Taehyung that he'd be gone for a few hours. Taehyung nodded but it broke my heart to see him so sad when Jimin left.

I had my chin propped on my hand as I watched him as he finished the food on his plate then he raised his head up and asked, "When Daddy comes home, can we go to the amusement park?"

I smiled at him, wiping some bread crumbs from his cheek before nodding at his request, "We'll do anything you want, sweetie."

Three hours later, Jimin still isn't back. I already bathed Taehyung and dressed him up prettily. He's so excited, he even chose his own clothes and tied his own shoelaces for the first time, wanting to brag about it to his father but his father hasn't even sent me anything yet, not even a text message to say if he'll make it or not.