chapter | 16

"Mara, are you done? We're going to be late for the party." Jimin was rushing me as I struggled to put a single necklace on with it's annoying tiny clasp.

"Help me." I glanced back at him, sitting in front of the vanity. He smiled at me, dressed handsomely in the clothes he handpicked himself.

Jimin took the necklace from my fingers and I held my hair up so he can put the delicate accessory around my neck

Jimin took the necklace from my fingers and I held my hair up so he can put the delicate accessory around my neck. He bent forward, positioned behind me as he locked the necklace in place, sending me a smile through the mirror's reflection. He had his lips to my ear, "You're just so perfect for me."

I frowned at him. I didn't want to go to this party but he insisted that I go with him. My brother is going to be there and so was Jin and Namjoon since the party are for the elites, the reason why I didn't want to go. Jimin lifted my chin up, "I don't want to be there." I told him.

"We'll be quick. I promise." He pleaded, giving me an irresistible look, "Besides, I won't leave your side."

"I'm not going to fit in. Not like this." I referred to my pregnant figure, my baby bump curving over my stomach. It wasn't easy getting pregnant the third time. Jimin and I had to really put in our efforts until I finally conceived. It took us almost a year actually.

"What's wrong with this?" Jimin smoothed his hand on my baby bump while maintaining eye contact with me. "I like how you look tonight."

"No

"No. I look so bloated." I checked myself in the mirror as Jimin's chest came against my back and his hands rested on my hips.

"Mara, look at me." He turned my face to his direction and I was met with his deep stare, "You being pregnant is the most beautiful thing in my eyes." Jimin gave me a kiss on the cheek, managing to persuade me again. "You'll be the prettiest woman in there because I say so, okay?"

I let out a chuckle, "Because you say so? How is that going to work?"

"It's a given rule that my wife should be the prettiest everywhere she goes." Jimin held my chin between his thumb and index finger again as I smile at him. "Give me a kiss."