chapter | 10

| jimin's point of view

I was a complete mess by the time we reached the emergency room. My hands were coated with my wife's blood. She was unconscious as they took her from me and placed her in one of the beds, drawing the curtains for privacy. I didn't know what to do. I could only watch as they inserted needles through her skin and injected serums into her. I was losing my mind, praying to all the Gods to save her. I just want to see Mara okay again.

They took her to the operating room when she was stable enough to go on the table. A doctor told me that they would try their best to stop the bleeding and so I waited outside. The cruel reality is that I couldn't do anything to save her. I got my hands clasped in front of me, still covered in Mara's blood and so was my clothes. I didn't have to call anyone until it occurred to me just then.

The first person I tried to reach was Hoseok. I wasn't expecting him to answer so fast since it was already 3am in the morning. "Hoseok, soemthing happened. Mara's in the operating room right now."

"She's where!?" His voice was loud as if he was on speaker. I could hear Isabel trying to calm him down in the background as I explained briefly what happened to his sister. "Why didn't she want me to know she's pregnant and that the baby she's having is weak? Goddamnit, I'm coming there. Wait for me."

"Can you check on Taehyung on your way here? I left him with a friend of mine." I asked him for a favor. I was too out of my mind earlier when I left that I didn't even check if Tae was okay. "Oh can you get me new clothes. I'm still wearing the clothes with Mara's blood right now."

"Sure." Hoseok replied, "Call me if anything happens. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thanks Hoseok." I sounded tired, even I can tell.

"Hey, it's nothing. Thanks for being with Mara. I can't imagine what would've happened to her if you weren't there. Be strong, Jimin. I know she's going to be alright." That was Hoseok's last encouraging words before he hung up.

I glanced up at the green light at the top of the wall, indicating that whatever they are doing in there is still ongoing and Mara, she's still fighting. She has to because she promised me that she will stay with me.

I didn't leave the waiting area until the doctor came out and Taehyung came to my aid. He saw the state I was in and immediately volunteered to talk to the doctor because I'm not in my right mind to listen to anything. Taehyung and the doctor talked for almost thirty minutes. I watched them but all I can think about was how Mara is doing inside. The green light was switched off and that means the procedure is over. I shot up from my seat when she was brought out of the operating room and into a private room.

Her face looked pale. I was afraid to speak for a moment until the doctor who Taehyung was talking to got my attention when he called my name, "Mr. Park, I need to talk to you. There are some things that I can't confide to Mr. Kim. If you would kindly cooperate, we'll be done soon and you can be with your wife."

"Yeah, okay." I said. Taehyung went to stay with Mara in the mean time while I talk to the doctor.

"As of now, Mara is safe. She's not in any danger anymore. We managed to save her and the baby in time. She would've lost the baby if you brought her here even a second late. You did a good job." She put a hand on my shoulder as she said this. Somehow, it made me feel less burdened. She's safe and alive. That's all that matters.

"We still don't know what caused her to have the bleeding and we believe that it is not induced as you have worried for the past few weeks." She continued, "She might just be under a lot of emotional stress. That's the only reason I can think of. We can talk about it some other time, of course. Right now, I know you want to be by her side."