chapter | 3

"Okay, you two, that's enough playing." I said as I entered Taehyung's room. Jimin had our little baby giggling nonstop as he tickle his sides. "Jimin, you're supposed to put him to bed. He's tired from playing all day at the amusement park."

"You heard mommy. It's time for bed, soldier." Jimin smiled down at Taehyung and he nodded his head, voluntarily slipping under his blankets.

"Can we play again tomorrow?" Taehyung asked in a soft voice, hugging his teddy close.

"Of course." Jimin tapped on his little nose before he whispered in his ear, "But don't tell mommy. It's just our secret, okay?"

I watched with a smile on my face as Jimin tucked our son in safely to bed, switching on Taehyung's nightlight just as he closed his eyes.  Jimin quietly closed the door and we went back to our room. I tucked myself under the duvet while Jimin went for a quick shower. I could hear the shower running, the sound of pouring water was enough to lull me to sleep until I remembered something I was supposed to do.

I threw the duvet off and went to the living room in my camisole and night shorts, not bothering to put on my robe since I only needed to use the phone briefly. I called the chief of our department because earlier I had missed a few of his calls and then he told me to call him back as soon as possible. I know that it's already an awkward hour to call but I know that he's still in his office at this time, knowing how much he is dedicated to his work.

"Yes, hello, doctor. It's me, Mara. You told me to call back?" I started right away when he answered.

"Ah yes. Mara, it's a good thing you called back." Doctor Han said, his tone a bit relaxed so I relaxed a bit too. I thought something bad happened to my patients while I'm on my day off. That would've given me a lot of paperworks.

"I called you earlier today but I guess you were with your family? Well, this matter is nothing serious actually." He added. I let him continue so he can get to the point already, "There's just a little conflict with one of our residents here, one of his loved ones passed away and he needs to attend to the burial. I was wondering if it's okay with you if you take his shift tomorrow? I know this is a lot to ask since you're not coming back to work until Friday but I was hoping you could give us a hand."

"Of course, Doctor. I can come in for work tomorrow." I replied. I wanted to refuse but I couldn't. The chief of our department is the one asking me humbly for help, how could I refuse?

"Thank you so much. You're doing us a great help. I promise to compensate you generously." He said but I was still saddened with reporting back to work tomorrow.

We said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone. On my way back to the bedroom, I tried to think of a way to tell Jimin about it. I was so persistent to get him to clear his schedule for the week and now that he has, this happened. He'll be mad at me for not being able to refuse. I came inside and found Jimin coming out of the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel. He wasn't wearing a shirt and he wore his sweatpants low around his hips, flaunting his nice form.

Jimin looked me up as he threw the damp towel in the hamper then he pulled me to him. He held a smirk on his lips as he pushed me gently near the bed, "Where did you go, babe?"

"I just made a call in the livingroom."  I answered, the problem weighing heavily on my mind.

Jimin was already setting the mood as he kept me close against his bare upper body. He knew how I liked to be riled up against him. He knew how wet I get when I feel his firm muscles. He hovered his mouth over my ear, whispering lowly to get me warmed up while still continuing with our conversation, "What's the call about?"