chapter | 14

| jimin's point of view

"Okay. By the sound of that I'm going to assume that you're nowhere near fine so I'm not even going to ask." Jenni started, breaking the silence in the most non-therapeutic way. "I know I'm supposed to shut up and feel sorry for being caught with you but let me just say this. Chase after her, you fool!"

"She's gone and she won't listen to me right now." I said coldly. "There's no point."

"What made her think that we're together? I mean us being physically in one room doesn't mean we're having sex, right?" She added and it was the only thing that made sense right now. "You don't think your mom told her something again?"

That was one possibility. My mother hated Mara and I know she would do anything to make me divorce her but it never occurred to me that she would resolve it this way. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door with Jenni following behind me. She and I decided to separate ways since she's not so interested to watch me have a confrontation with my mother.

 She and I decided to separate ways since she's not so interested to watch me have a confrontation with my mother

"I was really looking forward to meeting her but it seems like I always catch you two in a bad time. It sucks but what can I do. I'm just an innocent bystander caught between a marital issue." Jenni shrugged her shoulders as she got in her car, "Well then, I gotta go. I hope you fix this misunderstanding with your wife because being a mistress is not my thing. See you around, Park."

I got into my car when she left and drove to my parents' mansion. On my way there, I tried calling Mara's phone and, of course, she doesn't answer her phone. What was I thinking? She wouldn't talk to me, not when she's thinking that I'm cheating on her. I threw my phone on the passenger seat and stepped on the accelerator, gaining speed. My fingers gripped around the steering wheel tighter, my blood boiling as the familiar facade of my childhood home came into view.

The gates were opened and I drove the car inside, parking it right in the middle of the pathway. I got off and stormed inside, catching one of the maids, "Where's my mother?"

"In her room, sir." She led me there and opened the door for me.

My mother was tending to her potted plants at her balcony. She noticed me and knew right away why I came, "I told you she's not for you."

"So it really was your doing?" I glared at my own mother as she calmly sprayed at the petals of her flowers, "What did you tell her?"

"I told her the truth." She looked at me. "I told Mara that you are with Jenni. It's not my problem anymore that she took it the wrong way."

"Mom!!" I shouted, fist clenched tight. "Why do you keep forcing me to do what you want? I am not going to marry anyone. I'm staying with Mara. I'm going to make my own decisions from now on and if you can't accept that then you might as well disown me."

"Jimin!" She called after me when I walked away, "Come back here! I'm your mother! You do not just disrespect your own mother like this!"

•••