chapter | 20

| mara's point of view

"Who's ready for the first day of school?" Jimin sang along with Taehyung and Mary, holding his hands with their backpacks on.

"Me!!" Taehyung and Mary chorused. The smiles on their faces are irreplaceable.

I get surprised every time I see Jimin so devoted to our children. He's just so supportive to them even when we're both busy with work. I'm grateful that he's not like my Dad or his Dad. I'm glad that he makes time for Taehyung and Mary. I'm glad I married him and we had beautiful children.

"Come on, eat breakfast so Daddy can drive you to school." I hurried them to their seats and then set their lunch boxes beside them.

Mary is five years old and Taehyung is nine. We're not getting younger ourselves but our sex life is just as good. I mean, Jimin is so creative with all the sex positions he wants to try and I'm just open for anything but aside from sex, we haven't really done anything a normal married couple should do. We rarely eat out, afraid to leave the kids with some stranger. Maybe I should surprise him? It should be the other way around but he needs to know he's appreciated too. I'll gladly do it for him.

"I don't like milk." Mary made a face towards her glass of milk.

"But you have to drink it fir you to be strong and smart." I told my daughter when she refused.

"You need to drink milk so you'll grow tall like me." Taehyung told his sister who still wasn't convinced. "All the smart girls drink milk."

"Really?" Mary beamed at his older brother. Taehyung nodded at her. She wrapped her little fingers around the glass and drank her milk.

"Okay. Enough talking. Taehyung, get your sister and wait for me at the door." Jimin told Taehyung as he helped the both of them off the stool. "Be good while you wait okay? I'm just going to talk with Mommy."

(Let's just pretend that she's five years old 😂)

When they were gone, I turned to face Jimin. "Why do you always dress Mary like a boy?"

"I'm just protecting her. She's my princess and I don't want just any boy to play with her heart." Jimin said as he caught my waist.

"Jimin, she's five years old." I chuckled as I stared back at his smiling eyes. "She's not going to have her first kiss until she's nine or ten."

Jimin put his lips on mine, just a small peck that made me want for more, "Honey, I was five when I had my first kiss." He said.

"Oh, I see." I raised both of my eyebrows, "You're fast."

"I don't remember her name though.." He thought about it for a second and then he returned to me, "See? This is why Mary should be protected. I don't even remember the name of my first kiss. I don't want my daughter to be just a nameless milestone of some boy's first kiss."