Chapter two- The Ferris Wheel

Lily Collins as Mackenzie Rowe

"I really want to go to that fair tonight," Mackenzie sighs, I look up from writing my History notes and give her a look

"It's disappointing, really," I mutter not wanting to be heard by my teacher. She obviously decided that she was bored so she started talking to me.

"Yeah.... So I saw the new guy," she tells me, I cock an eyebrow and look at her in interest. "He's really really hot. Tall, muscular, model material," a dreamy smile appears on her face.

"Oh really," Mackenzie nods furiously. "Let me guess, he's already apart of the popular group?" The teacher not so surprisingly doesn't hear us because everyone is talking, she eventually gives up and sits on her seat while everyone in the class keeps talking.

"Yeah, he is actually," see what I mean by I don't pay attention? The bell rings and everyone stands up then walks out of the classroom with their books in their hands. That's if they brought them to class. Kenzie and I part ways to walk to our lockers, I unlock my lock and chuck my books in there then slam it closed. Ignoring all of the gossiping teenagers scattered around the halls, all walking to the cafeteria- my mind is only focused on getting to the area where Mackenzie and I sit; outside, under the big tree away from everyone.

After three minutes of crashing into people, zooming through the crowds and some rude comments, I arrive. Kenz isn't there yet so I sit down and lean against the tree, a minute later she walks out with our food. We made this deal that every Tuesday one of us have to bring and buy the food, we switch every week. Today is her turn. She plops down on her butt and places the food down in front of us. From what I can see there is a salami sandwich with lettuce and tomato, a bag of honey soy chips and strawberries.

"Oh yummy," I wink at her and she chuckles. We dig into our food straight away, "so tell me more about the new guy." My best friend knows all of the gossip, she has way more friends than me that tell her everything. Whereas I have one friend: Mackenzie. It's less drama anyway, I don't really care.

"He has already befriended Kyle Parker, Cory Isle and Samuel Brown," oh god. Those boys are basically known as the bad boys, they smoke, do illegal things and play girls. "As well as the soccer guys. From what I heard, he's trialling for it. The girls have already started their thing, flirting. He's super hot but he has this look on his face that is like stay away from me. His name is Blair Kingsley, total hot name right?" A laugh escapes my lips and I smile popping a chip into my mouth.

"Sounds amazing," I cackle in a joking matter, she raises her eyebrows but doesn't say anything. "So he's probably going to smoke, have one night stands and bully me. Great," I sarcastically exclaim 'excitedly.'