Chapter Seventeen- School Dances

"Okay, but why do you look so stunning all the time?" Mackenzie sighs and looks me up and down from the passenger seat. The school committee decides a 16th century throwback dance would be a good idea. So, Kenzie curled my hair and I finally found a dress after searching for a couple of weeks. Mackenzie decided she wanted to show up to the dance with me and not Cory, which was surprising. 

"You look pretty good yourself," I smile. My dress is green, I feel like I look like a cucumber, or a zucchini.. well anything green. I park in the school parking lot, we both attempt to get out. My dress ends up getting stuck, I push as hard as I can and end up landing on my back, my legs raising up because of the fall. I groan hoping there isn't any rips, Mackenzie is laughing so hard at my pain.

"Nice one," Diego snorts, coming over with his friends. I look up from my position on the ground and flip him off. The ground is actually quite comfy. Kyle, Sam and Blair pop up in my line of sight. They smirk and I sigh.

"Is one of you going to help me up now?" I ask.

"You can get up, be a big girl. You can do it Nora," Blair smirks, teasing me. I glare at him and sit up, I grab onto the car seat and slowly get up; the corset crushing my stomach. Blair grabs my arm when I trip again. "You are a klutz," he teases.

"Shut up. Let's just go inside," I grumble unhappily and begin walking to the opened doors of the big hall. We all walk in, Kyle attempting to trip me several times to irritate me which leads me to hitting him those several times. 

"This is animal abuse," Sam says shaking his head at me. Kyle's mouth drops open, acting offended. Well technically we all are animals so he shouldn't be offended exactly... Just thinking on the bright side ya know. I ignore them as they continue their banter, Kyle playing the victim of course. 

Diego is standing in a corner, surrounded by only one girl. And he thinks he's a ladies man... total lie. He takes two steps forward to most likely get her a drink, this fails epically as he slips on the ground and lands flat on his ass. The girl covers her mouth with her hand in an attempt to hide her amusement. Kyle calls him out for it though. "Oh my god, dude. That must be so embarrassing, are you okay? Mentally and physically of course."

"Piss off," Diego grumbles and stands up, playing it off. Mackenzie and I don't bother hiding our amusement, we are bent over laughing at his embarrassment. "You know what Nora and Mackenzie? I'm.... I'm cooler than the both of you two combined."

"Oh what a good one," I snort at his terrible comeback.

He flips me off and walks away from the girl and all of us. Poor guy. "Go Diego, go!" Sam sings. 

"Hey! You stole that from me, that's my thing," I glare at him.

"You know what i just realised... Your name is so similar to Dora, maybe I should start singing the Dora song," Sam adds a cheeky grin, I glare at him. "You are now Nora the explorer," he starts laughing. 

"That is not funny!" I pout. "The name is Dora so you can't say that because my name is Nora."

"So? I can still call you Nora the explorer, it goes pretty smoothly."

"Whatever," I grumble unhappily. An upbeat song starts playing so Sam grabs my hand and drags me out on the dance floor and starts jumping up and down while forcing me to do the same. "Why are we jumping? It hurts my boobs," I groan making him shake his head and laugh at me.

"Loosen up, have some fun," he shouts over the loud music. "Or maybe you should go dance with Blair," he winks making my eyes widen.

"Why do you say that?"