Chapter 11- Smile. It looks good on you

"Hello

"Hello... it's me," Diego sings as he answers the phone. I roll my eyes and yawn, looking at my ceiling in boredom.

"Wanna go for a maccas run?" I ask. I know he is only in the room across from me but who wants to get out of bed and walk that far to ask a question when you can call them??

Diego obviously understands because he doesn't question me about not just coming to his room to ask. We are both lazy people, that's a trait we share. "Sure, do I have to buy you maccas cause we are using your fuel?" I smirk. I wouldn't have invited him if it weren't for that fact.

"You know the drill," I chuckle. He groans, "no complaining. I'll meet you at my car in 1 minute, get out of bed now." I hear him stand up so I decide to as well, I hang up and grab my keys and purse then walk out of my room.

I see Diego and smirk, 3, 2, 1. We both race down the halls, around corners and to the door to see who will win. Diego cheats and shoved me into the wall, I slam into it and crash onto the ground. I groan, he stops and looks down at me laughing very loudly. "You good?" I reach my hand up and he grabs it, pulling me up.

"Survived, I'm doing well. Let's go," we zoom out of the house before Mum spots us. We both aren't a fan of her at the moment and that's making us closer than ever before. It's sad that a hatred for someone is bringing my brother and I closer. He isn't a bad guy now that I think about it. We both get in the car and are driving away straight away, he plays his beats and I turn up the music as loud as it can go. It may hurt my ears but I don't care. He winds down the windows and we are literally screaming the rapping. Temptation is now one of my favourite songs.

"You know... you should smile more, it looks good on you," Diego compliments me. I look at him briefly to smile at him and reach over to punch him playfully.

"You're being so nice to me all of a sudden lately," I say. He shrugs and I sigh, thinking. "I'm sorry for having a go at you the other day, I know you were at least trying to help but I just wish you would have stuck up for me. No one did and I was left feeling like no one cared ya know? It's all over now but I'd just wished it happened."

"I'm sorry. Everyone's just scared of judgment and I'm one of those guys, I'm not proud of myself." I shrug and roll up into the drive through, I tell him what we want through the speaker. He tells me to drive through and I do to pay, we soon get our meals and are driving away.

"We should save up to move out. Take Katie and Patrick with us too, Mum is clearly unstable and I don't want them near dad. He's not a good influence and I don't want him to fu*k them over like he did with us," he doesn't say anything for a while.

"It'll be hard. We both want the best for them but we just can't, mum is the legal guardian. I'm sure things will get better soon. You know what they say? Bad things have to come before the good things soon appear," I smile slightly and agree with him.
||
"Please Nora! Come, who cares if Blair is there just ignore him and his rudeness. Your nose is better now anyway," she waves it off, my mouth opens.