Chapter 9- You're more Than Enough

"You know

"You know... I have haddd the bestttt night everrr!!" I exclaim, slinging my arm around Greg's waist. Greg laughs loudly, Mackenzie abandoned me for Cory but I don't really care because I wouldn't have met my new bestie Greg.

"You are the best gall everrrrr!" He stumbles on his feet making me trip as well, falling to the concrete ground and scraping my knees. I start laughing loudly and Greg looks down at me in worry, "are you okay?!"

He helps me stand up and I sober up from my laughing fit, "I'm fine!" I look down at my scraped knees that are bleeding and I pout. "My knees are bleeding," I mumble.

"I'm so sorry! We really should have expected this, I'm walking you home and we are very unstable at the moment so maybe that isn't the best idea... I mean maybe this isn't the best idea," he laughs.

"Well, we are at my house now!" I exclaim excitedly.

"Only after like an hour," he grumbles making me laugh loudly and dramatically. "What's your number so we can keep in touch?" he asks, I give him my number and smile.

"Are you okay to get home?" I ask as we stand in front of my houses front door, he checks his phone and shows me a message from his dad saying that he is on his way to pick him up from my house. "Well, we will keep in touch. I better head inside, it was nice meeting you and becoming great friends tonight," he hugs me and I smile and wave to him then walk inside feeling happy after tonight.

"Annora."

I look up and my mouth drops, my heart rate increases and my breath hitches. Anger with a mixture of sadness comes through me in waves, "dad."

He grins and stands up from sitting down on the couch and opens his arms wide, expecting me to run into them. "Come give me a hug," he grins. I scowl at him and cross my arms over my chest in anger.

"Who let you in here? Did mum let you in or did you break in? And when did you get out of jail?" I ask in complete confusion. He sighs and runs his hand down his face, does he really think he can come in here and expect me to run to him with open arms? Well he's wrong.

"I got out last week. um.. your mother doesn't know I'm here as of yet... But she will and I'm sure Katie and Patrick will be so happy," my lips wobble and I hold my tears in.

"You come into my house and expect me to run to you with open arms with my forgiveness?! I'm not mum, dad! I'm not going to be happy that you're here. You left, did stupid illegal stuff for years and years and that ended up in you going to jail for years? Did you honestly think that I would miss you? You hurt me, you hurt mum, you hurt Diego! Katie and Patrick don't deserve this, get out of my house," I scream at him in complete anger.

"Nora-"

"No! You don't get to call me that, leave before I call the cops."

"What is all this racket about?" mum grumbles as she appears out of no where, she gasps as she sees dad standing there in all his gross glory. "Mark?" she whispers, tears welling in her eyes.

I wait. I wait for her to go running to him and gives him endless kisses. I wait for her to forget everything that he has done, how he left us, he left her. But for a moment I pray that she doesn't do all the stuff that I know she will. But she does, she runs to him, overwhelmed with happiness and kisses him and tells him how much she missed him.

"I cant believe you!" I exclaim, mum releases dad and gives me a look. "How could you forgive him so easily after all he's done? Do you really want someone like him around Katie and Patrick?"

"Nora, I'm sure he's changed. Please don't be difficult Annora," she sighs.

"What happened to your nose?" Dad asks me, should I even call him that? After he has never been here.

"Changed my ass," I spit, a tear falling from my eye as I storm out of the house. Should I just go back to the party? I'm sure it hasn't stopped yet. Or should I just walk around and continue crying? I think I'll go for the latter. He's been out for a week and didn't think to stop by the first day?

"Annora, get in the car," I stop and look at Diego. I look up at the sky and shake my head slightly, I lick my lips and then look back at him.

"Why? So you can tell me to give him a chance? That everything will be fine? I'm not getting in that car," I stand my ground.

"Or maybe I just want to comfort my sister and actually agree with her that our dad is an asshole that doesn't deserve to see us or be associated with," he states. I sigh and reluctantly get into the car that happens to be mine. Where did he find my keys? I keep them safely away from Diego in a good hiding spot, but I guess its not such a good hiding place after all.

"I don't get why he's back. He doesn't need to be here, we were doing fine without him."

"I know, but mum seems happy that he's back. I don't get her, what he did wasn't right and it never will be. I know sometimes I'm a huge asshole, I act stupid when I'm not actually that dumb. I do care about you, Annora. I'll try to always have your back but I cant promise that I'll be good at it. I know it seems like I don't care but I really do. We're all that each other has, we're all that Katie and Patrick has; we certainly cant rely on our mother."

"Diego, you don't get how it feels to wake up every morning and look at yourself and feel ashamed for being who you are. Sometimes it's as if I'm floating above my own body and what I see.. I hate it. I will never be as pretty as Collin or any of those girls, sometimes I feel like I will never be good enough and to fit in I would need to be in that crowd. I wasn't even good enough for my own father, how can I be good enough for other people?" For the first time in a long time, I confide in my brother and cry in front of him- wanting to be seen, wanting people to know that I have never been truly happy.

He leans across the centre console and hugs me, "you are worthy enough for anyone, you just need to believe it and people will too. An if they cant see how truly amazing you are, that's their loss."

I sniffle, "really?"

"You're more than what people think."