Chapter three- The captain prank

Simon Nessman as Blair Kingsley

"So how was the fair?" Mackenzie asks me, standing next to my locker holding her books

"So how was the fair?" Mackenzie asks me, standing next to my locker holding her books. I shrug, it would be better to not tell her the incident. I have so many regrets! Instead of giving the ticket to him, I should've ripped it up into tiny pieces then walk away.

Why am I so kind to people?

"Interesting," I quickly say, pulling my books out of my locker in a way that she'll known something's up. She gives me a demanding look and sighs leaning on one leg.

"What happened?" I explain the whole situation, she cuts in with a lot of 'oohs' and 'ah' as well as the occasional cringing. Which doesn't lessen the feeling in my stomach of regret, why did I push him!? Hopefully I'll never see him again and live through the torture of knowing what I did. But then again I don't really feel bad at all, he deserved it; he cut in front of me.

"Wow..... what an amazing story," she says when I finally conclude my retelling of the story. It's like an analytic essay but way more complicated because of the constant interruptions.

"Yeah and I don't want to talk about it anymore. Let's just get the football thing over and done with already," everyone in senior school which is from year 10 to 12 has to go to the oval, sit through the boring presentations, then see a quick football game which in my country is soccer. I don't know why though, it's too complicated; the American football with an actual football how you have the ball in your hands and all.... Is football. Soccer is not football. See my struggles? I just hate calling soccer football!

After shutting my locker she grabs my arm and drags me to the oval to get some 'good seats'. Which in my perspective none are good, I don't see a god damn foot rest, there isn't cushions, no shade and there isn't any food or drinks! There are bad seats everywhere! We sit at the front, by we I mean Mackenzie forcing me to sit down and me obeying. Everyone files into seats, squishing up against each other. Guys have no problem squishing up to girls and the wannabes have no issue in pressing against the guys, to show their nonexistent boobs.

Once practically everyone is seated, the hell begins. "Good morning students to our academic and sports presentations, I know it sucks to be seated out in this hot weather but we'll get through it," the sport teacher, Mr Larson says. "Now, let's begin!" Mr Larson is the head of sports, we have head of English, head of history, head of science, head of math and yeah.... head of all the subjects. "Let's welcome the debaters!" Not many people clap for the debaters as they walk out and stand in front of the crowds.

But because I'm a nice person, I clap for them. They present the debaters and give them some sort of badge then they get onto the captains.

Sport captains are next. "Now let's welcome our girl sport captain..... Annora Winter?" Mr Larson furrows his eyebrows and my jaw literally drops. Everyone at this school knows that I cannot play sport! Last time I played dodgeball I ended up with a bloody nose and a sprained ankle. This is some sort of sick prank and I know it. When I go out on the oval everyone will laugh even more than they are now, I hide my face from everyone. "Wait a minute..." he turns the sheet around and rolls his eyes, "the actual girl sport captain is Eliza Roberts!" Everyone cheers, momentarily forgetting my embarrassing moment of being announced sport captain.