Chapter Thirteen- Breaking Down Doors

Blair Kingsley's house is everything that I imagined it would be. Humongous, beautiful, made for a king, apart of the rich area. It all screams him which is why I'm not at all surprised when we arrive at his house and it resembles all the traits I previously mentioned. Katie and Patrick however, are completely shocked and amazed at the beauty of the house.

"Thanks so much for this, man. It means a lot, I know you're not a fan of my sister so it means so much bro," I don't even roll my eyes at what Diego says. Everything he said was in fact true. It does mean a lot that he is allowing us to stay here temporarily and... he does hate me. That's okay, the feeling is definitely mutual.

"No need to thank me, my parents are never home anyway. It's no biggie. You can all have a room each, unless Katie and Patrick want to share a room," he looks at our two younger siblings who are obviously attached by the hip to each other. Hearing what he says, I wander over to them and squat down to reach their height.

"Do you two want to share a room or sleep separately?" They both look at each other in unison and scrunch their nose's up in disgust, this makes me quirk a smile at their obvious disapproval to that idea.

"Nora, I'm a woman and I'm growing. I cant be sleeping in the same room as a boy, he could stop me from growing into the woman I'm meant to become. When can I get my first bra?"My mouth is dropped open in shock because I cannot fathom how my 10 year old sister could possibly be thinking about womanhood already! I look back to Diego whom looks just as shocked as I am.

"Okay.. Katie who is teaching you to say this?"

"Vikki Kelly got her first bra and she's telling EVERYBODY. She thinks she's better than me and I cant let that happen, I want to be all grown up so boys can like me too!" I stand up and shake my head, grabbing her arm.

"You're ten. We can talk about this when you're older. Also if a boy doesn't like you for who you are then he really is not worth it, Katie. Right... Blair, show us to our individual rooms please," his mouth is wide open and he is staring at Katie like she just said the most horrifying thing in the world. "Blair!" He snaps out of his trance and coughs

"Right. Follow me." We all walk behind him as he walks up the stairs, he opens the first door to the first room, Diego immediately walks in there. I roll my eyes, of course he isn't going to look at the options before he decides which room he wants. Good for me though. I end up choosing the last room out of all my siblings. Which is the room at the end of the very long hall. I'm standing in the frame of the door, thinking of what to say to Blair; well something nice to say not what to say.

"Where is your room?" I end up asking. He points to the room right across from mine. Oh... that's just great. "Well...."

"Are you okay?" He ends up cutting me off before I can thank him personally. I'm shocked by the sincerity in his voice, it almost makes me want to cry. It is pity; I know it.

"I am fine," I whisper, it doesn't sound convincing. He doesn't believe me obviously, the look he is giving me is an example of that. "Thank you for letting us stay, it means a lot."

He nods, "I'm not doing it for you. I am doing this for Diego, it's what friends do for each other; they take care of each other. Don't think this is about you." Just as I thought he was actually going to be kind and sympathetic he opens his big mouth and says something to ruin it. All I do is give him a blank look, step back from the door frame and slam the door shut in his face.

##

"So, how is things?" Mackenzie tentatively asks. I sigh, pushing me food away from me and I rub my face.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. I didn't think it would ever happen, did we deserve it? What have we done wrong? What did my siblings do? I get I haven't been the best person at time, Diego too. But Katie and Patrick... You know Katie started talking like you need to have the goods to get a guy," I exclaim. "I want to speak to this Vikki Kelly's mother, she probably is flat chested anyway!" Mackenzie raises her eyebrows.

"They're gonna grow up someday, Nora."

"I never want kids," I firmly say.

"Why? You have always wanted kids, why has your mind changed now? It has been our dream to be the cool mum's, have play dates.. if we have boys they will be respectful men. Why has that changed so suddenly?" She seems disappointed, but I would be too I suppose.

"I never want my children to suffer the pain my siblings and I have from both my parents, if I can prevent that having no kids is the way to go. I don't want to end up like my parents, what if I follow after them?" She sighs and places her hand on my arm.

"Just because your parents aren't good parents doesn't mean you wont be. You cant allow them to change your mind on something you've dreamed of forever," I look away.

"But there's ways the 'what if' we don't know if I wont end up like my parents. Usually some children do follow their parents footsteps," I don't know why I'm thinking of something that wont happen until ages. But I am because I'm an over thinker, and I fear for my future. I'm just so paranoid. "Things also aren't working out for me at Blair's, as soon as I got there he was making me feel worse. I don't know if I can live there anymore and it has only been like 3 days."

"All I can say is that things wont be this bad forever. You wont be hurt forever. You'll move past this, it will be challenging but you can do this because you're Annora Winter. Blair is always going to be hateful, but I think he loves the reaction he gets from you; that's what boys want. A reaction. We give it to them and they love it. Keep your head held high, don't show him that he is affecting you. He knows you're going through some issues yet he still is so rude. He isn't a good person, so I wouldn't even care."

For the first time in four days, I smile. My best friend is amazing and I know that she will always be there for me no matter what, I stand up and sit next to her so I can give her a tight hug which is what she deserves. "Thank you so much, Kenz. You're the best, best friend ever."

She smiles, "I will always be there for you. If Blair is getting too much, just come stay at mine. You will need a break eventually."

##

The banging on the door doesn't stop, neither does the shouting. "Annora, get out of the shower! My friends will be here in less than twenty minutes!" Blair shouts, fists pounding.

"I only just got in Blair! Why didn't you tell me before I got in the shower? You obviously saw me grabbing a towel! Plus, your house is massive and I know you don't just have one shower!" I shout back at Blair.

"Diego is in the other shower."

"Yeah, he has been in there for half an hour already so tell him to get out!" He is so bias towards my brother, why doesn't he just tell Diego to get out? I literally just got in. Wait, he hates me he wont tell Diego to get out because he loves him.

"I am so close to breaking this door down!" He yells.

"Do it, I dare you! I know you wont," he obviously takes this as 'challenge accepted' so, the next thing I know the door is off it's hinges and laying flat on the ground; scaring and shocking me. I gasp and throw a washer at him, "get out! I didn't actually mean it, I'm naked!"

"Well I would have seen you naked one day, it was a matter of time."

I gasp and try to cover my body, but it is all failed attempts. "What is that supposed to mean?" I screech angrily.

"Well this right here, with you not getting out would have happened eventually. Except I would need to get something important and you weren't opening the door so I'd take action and knock it down. Or I would have walked into the room you're staying in while you were getting changed; accidentally of course." I have never been more embarrassed in my entire life, I turn off the shower and he throws me my towel which I'm grateful for. Finally, one kind act. But that doesn't dismiss what he just did. It was inappropriate and disrespectful. I don't want him seeing me in such an indecent state, it is totally personal. He could have just forced Diego to get out or waited, I wouldn't have been that long.

"I cant believe you!" I screech and slam the shower door shut. I grab my clothes, "you are intolerable! You just stooped to a new low." I storm out of the bathroom, not waiting for his response.

##

sooo what do you think? I hope you enjoyed it, if so please comment, vote and share

keely