Chapter Eighteen- Lu Lu

It is second period, I'm tired even though I fell asleep at about 8:30 after a long afternoon of job searching. I woke up at 7:30 and I am dead to the world, all I want to do is sleep. I can't help it that my religion teacher speaks absolute nonsense, all he does is ramble about stuff that is completely off topic. Hence why I fell asleep which angered the teacher into slamming his fist onto my desk to wake me up in a very disrespectful way. It's not like I was distracting the class or anything. "Miss Winter, you will be seeing me after class," he glares icily down at me. I groan and straighten up, pretending to pay attention to the rest of his irrelevant class.

When the bell rings, I only let him talk to me for 10 seconds before I'm walking away from him. he is just irrelevant. Everything he says and does means absolutely nothing to me. Mackenzie slings an arm over my shoulder as soon as I exit the classroom. "Got into trouble again?" She smirks, I roll my eyes and nod.

"Where's Cory today?" I ask, taking note that Cory... well, none of the boys are here. Which obviously seems suspicious. Kenzie shrugs, her brown hair bouncing with the movement. "Have you noticed that Sam, Kyle and Blair aren't here either?" I ask in suspiciousness.

"Cory told me that him and the boys decided to skip today for a 'boys' day. Why can't they just have one on the weekend?" Having a boys day seem suspicious, but I don't think too much of it. Instead, I smile and loop my arm through hers and drag her to our old eating spot under a tree. No one sat there, it was always just us. To be honest I definitely miss the old times when Mackenzie and I were practically always together, but now things are different. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Well, did I tell you that I got a casual position at Kmart. I figured that I need to start earning money for Katie and Patrick, but I did call my grandparents and told them everything. They said that we can live with them, luckily they are filthy rich and we are their favourite grandchildren." Mackenzie smiles and hugs me, she then makes whining sound.

"Aw I remember grandma Lu and grandpa Winter," she sighs and smiles at the memory. Grandma always insisted everyone to call her grandma Lu, Lu or Lu Lu. Whereas grandad always liked to be called by his last name, he said that he felt magical and he was proud of his surname. So we call him grandpa Winter. They are my favourite grandparents, they are on my dads side but just because dad's a psycho doesn't mean his parents are I suppose. 

"We are all moving to our grandparents house tonight, then I'm working 4:30 to 9:30. I'm relying on Diego to tell Blair, I'm too nervous to tell him unfortunately," I shrug.

"Why are you nervous to tell Blair? I'm sure he wont care, it isn't up to him. Wait, you like him...." she even wiggles her eyebrows at me and nudges me. "Don't worry, you'll hug him, maybe share a kiss... and you'll tell him that you will still hang out. Problem solved," she smiles.

"Right. Problem solved..."

##

"Nora darling!" Grandma Lu pulls me into her arms in a tight bear hug. She pulls back and squeezes my cheeks, looking me over and smiling with proud. "You get more beautiful every time I see you!" She exclaims.

"I've missed you grandma Lu," I smile. Her eyes water and she grabs her camera, grandpa Winter hugs me when he sees me, grandma shoves the camera in his hands and grabs me, pulling me next to her.

"John, take a photo of me and my granddaughter. Smile sweetie," I look at the camera and smile. After we take a photo, I go and sit on the couch while grandpa plays with Katie and Patrick. "Oh Diego sweetheart! How are you?" Grandma exclaims.

"Hey ma," I hear Diego say. I turn on the television and turn on netflix, I hop Diego has told Blair that we are moving in here. I hear familiar voices and sigh, hoping it's not who I  think it is. "These are my friends; Sam, Cory, Kyle and Blair."