Chapter 43: Run Away With Me

BEFORE YOU START READING, I wanted to let you guys know I have posted the synopsis for my new story called Summer Agreement! It's a summer romance badboy story, so please please check it out and let me know what you think! :)

------------

         I feel my stomach grumble loudly. How am I already hungry? Tyler literally stuffed me with breakfast before I left this morning. I ignore it and sit down on Jasper's bed.

"Was that you?" Jasper laughs as he pins another paper to his board.

"Maybe..."

"Definitely you." He bends over to pick up more paper from the floor. I thought his room would stay cleaned, but three days after Christmas and it's back to its normal state. "Go find something in the fridge."

Those six words are enough to get me off of his bed in an instant and out of the door.

"Aren't you going to ask me if I want anything?" I hear Jasper behind me.

Oops. I slowly trace back to his room. "Do you want anything oh dearest one?"

"Nope."

"So why did you make me ask?" I wonder aloud from the other side of his door.

He grins at me. "Because I like to pretend you like me."

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm dating you, doofus. Of course I like you."

"To remind me of that, you should kiss me."

"I think I'm hungrier than that."

Jasper raises an eyebrow. "Are you really wasting an opportunity?"

I grin and saunter back into the room. "You know I can't resist."

Lifting on my toes, I grip Jasper's face and bring him down to my lips. No matter what, I will never waste a chance to kiss Jasper. His dad was sure not to let us have very much alone time when I come over ever since that hide-and-seek fiasco, so I always took advantage of his kisses, even the tiniest ones. Once I pull away from Jasper, it was obvious that I completely took him off guard. "Happy?" I mumble, tilting my head back to meet his eyes.

Jasper's chest rose up and fell in a small laugh. He gives me one of his famous smiles, his usual blush slightly evident. "A little."

I roll my eyes and peck his soft lips once more before leaving his room for the kitchen. I walk over to the stairs and take them two at a time. It doesn't take me long to reach the bottom and I stride right into the kitchen. Jacob had to take the twins to a doctor appointment so only Jaylen, Jonah, Joey, Jasper and I are here.  Even though the twins did usually contribute to the noise, I find it eerily creepy that the house is this quiet. Where is everyone?

My stomach grumbles again and I remember that I'm allowed access to the Cunningham fridge. It's like being given the key to heaven considering how good of a cook Jacob is.

I grasp the handle of the silver fridge and open it. It is indeed a glorious sight. Lasagna, cupcakes from Lucy, salad, and salmon were amongst the many things that fill the fridge. Being the indecisive person I am, I know it's going to be a tough choice.

Before I can make any definite choices, I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. Within minutes, I turn to see Jasper behind me with a Joey on him, piggy back style.  "Your stomach wasn't the only noisy one," Jasper notes with a grin in my direction.

"Hi, Ella!" Joey squeals and jumps off his brother's back. I'm surprised he didn't hurt himself in the process.

"Hey, Joey, I missed you!" I say as Joey hugs my leg tightly.