Chapter 46: Tell Me A Secret

I watched Maggie slowly come out of her depression for a few weeks.

            This morning, I find her sitting at the small kitchen table while Tyler cooks breakfast. She's dressed for work, I'm assuming. It's been awhile since she's been to work. These past few weeks, she's barely come out of the room. Tyler told me she's still not sleeping well. He stays up with her when she needs him to be and if Maggie cries, Tyler can barely keep himself together. He's supposed to be on tour, but the band wouldn't go without Tyler and Tyler didn't want to leave Maggie's side, so they understood.

            But today feels different. A good different. "Hey," I greet and slide into the seat in front of Maggie.

            She looks up with a small smile. "Good morning."

            Sitting beside her computer is a bridal magazine that's opened and tagged with different post-its. That's a good sign. "How are you guys?"

            Tyler walks over and sets a plate of food in front of me and says, "Good."

            Maggie glances at Tyler, her smile widening a little. "Yeah, we're good."

            "You're acting weird," I murmur.

            Tyler sits between Maggie and I with coffee of his own. "We're getting back into our routine," he notes and takes Maggie's hand. "How are you doing?"

            "I'm fine. Stressed about school, but fine."

            "You don't have much longer, right?"

            I nod. "Three months and then I'm free." My eyes flit to the magazine by Maggie's laptop and then I glance between them. "So...the wedding?"

            "Still happening," Maggie says. "Same everything. It's just time that I start looking for a dress again."

            The way Tyler looks at her makes my heart swell. "You'll be beautiful no matter what."

            Maggie turns to him and smiles. "I'll just wear a trash bag then."

            He leans into her with a wicked grin. "We'll finish this later." He pecks her lips and stands. "The band has a lot of shit to take care of."

            "I'll see you for dinner."

            "Call me if you need me," he directs towards Maggie and then turns to me. "Invite Jasper. We haven't seen him around for a while and I still need to kick his ass in Mario Kart."

            Laughing, I nod my head. "I'll invite him."

            Tyler departs, leaving me alone with Maggie. It's really good to see her again. "Did you actually find a dress?"

            She wrinkles her nose. "Not really. I have a few that I've labeled, but it's not the dress." Then she sighs. "I'll find it soon hopefully."

            "Where are you having the wedding?"

            Maggie's smile turns dreamy. "Tyler says he's had a dream about a backyard wedding, so we're having it at his moms' house. The invitations will be here in a few days too, so I'm excited about that." Her smile falters slightly. "The wedding is a welcome distraction."

            Now it makes sense. "Well if you need help picking out flower arrangements, you know where to find me."