Chapter 2: The Encounter

I do not support rape at all. This content is just the plot of the story. Enjoy 😊

-------------------------------------------

          I sat in the shower for a long time thinking about everything. A lot of thinking. I will put that bastard behind the bars no matter what. He ripped away my innocence and dignity. I'm sure as hell not going to let him get away with it. I might not be the only person he would have raped. Strongly and bravely, I'll fight back.

          "Hey! You okay? The officer is here. He wants to talk to you," said Aunt Wendy, knocking on the door.

          "Yea, I'll be down in a minute," I retorted, getting out of the shower and wrapping myself in a gray towel.

          "Okay, mermaid!"

          I wiped myself dry and wore a purple fuzzy pajama with a black tank top. My eyes fell on the the gift that Aunt Wendy had given me as I was about to walk down. Unwrapping it slowly, I discovered a box and opened it up to find a small heart shaped locket. My mother's locket. Tears burnt my eyes once again. She wasn't here when I needed her the most. What would she say if she saw me like this now? So broken and terrified.

          Aunt Wendy did an amazing job with me and my twin brother, Ashton after our parents passed away in a car wreck when we were just eleven. She had just turned twenty-one and gotten out of college with her degree when she got the news. Instead of going out and starting a fresh new life, she was swarmed by a tsunami of responsibilities of me and Ashton because she was the closest to kin.

          She didn't mind taking care of us, in fact she loved us more than anything. Moving back to Queens from California, she raised us as her own. She never let us feel the absence of our parents due to which she never had anyone in her life. Now that we were older and much more independent, I hoped she'd consider a good man.

          Unloading this disgusting event on her, I felt like I pulled her back more instead of letting go. This was one of the reasons I didn't want her to know. She had done so much already. It was my time to lift that burden from her shoulders, not pour some more. Being only ten years older than us, she was our friend and mother in one. I couldn't ask for anyone else.

          I clicked the locket open to find a picture of my parents on each side. Oh God! I missed them so much right now. I don't know how I'm supposed to live with this. Hopefully, by each day that passes by, I'd feel better. Hopefully.

          Reluctantly, I went down to find the officer sitting on a recliner with a cup of coffee in his hands. Soph and Aunt Wendy were on the huge sofa opposite him.

          "Well, we'll let you guys get to it," Aunt Wendy ushered me to sit while she and Sophie made their way to the kitchen. "We'll be in the kitchen if you want anything."

          "Hello! I'm officer Henderson," said the small, chubby man shaking my hand. "So, tell me what happened from start to finish."

          I explained the event to him, forcing myself to live the experience twice already from this morning with as much details as possible with him nodding at some parts and frowning at the others.

"From what I'm seeing right now, you've already showered and cleaned the evidence away, so rape kit is not an option anymore," he said, frowning at my stupidity. The desire to wash away all the filth got me so engrossed in it that I completely looked over the fact of a rape kit. How ignorant could I be? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!