Chapter 22: Let Her Go

(Leo's POV)

The pain in my arm was faint as I stared at the cream leathered passenger seat in front of me while Arie swam in my mind and soul. This woman has captivated me in some unknown way and I can't seem to take her off my mind.

          I thought she'd be scared of me for everything that she had seen me do and hate me for everything I've done to her, all the pain I've caused her but the way she moved her lips up to mine elaborated a whole different story.

Kisses have never been something special for me. Hell, even sex hasn't been special in years but being that close to Arie made my heart thump in ways I never thought possible. A spell is what she had me under and I didn't mind being there. Looking at her beautiful face, my cold heart would warm up instantly and nobody has ever been able to melt this heart in a long time. But being the cockblock Mike has always been, he had to ruin the moment.

"How bad is it?" Federigo asked as he pushed back his graying, dense hair.

          "Nothing Ray can't fix."

          "Well then, what the hell hap..."

          "Not right now," I interrupt the old man, "we'll talk about it later." Engrossing myself with my phone is the best idea right now. My temper has ruined a lot and getting into a heated argument with him in front of two of my men would be insulting for the both of us.

Coming to a halt in front of the estate after a long painful hour, I exit the vehicle and step onto the dusty gravel as one of my men opens the door for me. Walking into the mansion, I strode right out of the back entrance towards the outhouse to avoid giving my family something to worry about even though they should. This was going to last a while and they would eventually find out but keeping them in the dark for now would be good.

          "Sorry, I'm late." Ray walked into the outhouse five minutes after me. Putting down a small briefcase next to the large sectional sofa I was sitting on, he examined my wound. "Want me to sedate you or do you want to be a badass and feel the pain?"

          "As much as I would like for you to sedate me through it all," I let out a sigh, "I have to talk to Federigo right after. He isn't very patient as you know."

          "Oh," he widens his eyes and begins shuffling through his briefcase, "good luck with him, buddy."

          "Shut up and skip to the patching part."

          "Fine, I'll give you some pain meds but it will only decrease the pain, not take it away completely." I nodded and let him do his thing. Sticking on some sterile gloves and pulling out a syringe, he says "let's get this party started, shall we?"

          After a excruciatingly painful period of time, it was time to face Federigo. Slowly, I make my way into my office back in the mansion where the man waited for me. Gripping the golden handles of the huge mahogany double door, I creak it open to find him sitting on the white mid century modern sofa on the left side of the huge room.

"About time, don't you think?" He ripped the cigar away from his lips as he huffed out the polluted air with his eyes still fixated on the white ceiling. Knowing that I hated smoking, he'd still do it in front of me completely ignoring my concern with it.

"In case you didn't notice," I close the door and motion towards my aching arm, "I was shot. Sorry if I kept your highness waiting." I scoff and stomp towards my rolling chair behind the glass desk.

"Don't act smart with me, boy. Watch it." He warned as he mounted from the couch and seated himself in one of the chairs on the opposite side of the desk.