Chapter 27: Confessions

As I was about to slide into the limo behind Arabelle who already made herself comfortable, Leo grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, away from any eager ears. "I'll be in the car right behind yours, so don't worry. Just have me on speed dial if anything happens, alright?"

"You're already on speed dial, Mr. Pepperoni," I smile up at him, gaining a smirk in return.

"Not in front of my men," he laughed as he pulled me further away from the door. "Call me if necessary, okay?" He then kissed my right temple and grazed his thumb over my cheek sending a warm, secure sensation bolting through my body. "I'll see you on the other side, love."

He closes the door as I slip in next to Arabelle. The limo begins moving with the pounding sound of my heart echoing in my ears. His kiss didn't make me feel giddy or excited like some new crush, instead I felt safe in his arms. He gives me a sense of security that is rare; nothing like I've felt before. His mere touch brings me immense warmth that I perceive not only in my heart, but in very inch of my body. Deep down I wished Leo would ride with us, but this talk is much more crucial and needed to be done without him.

          "You tickle his fancy," her voice startled me out of my thoughts as she looked out of the window and up at the clear, sunny sky.

          "Excuse me?"

          "I mean he likes you, princess."

          "How would you know?" I arch my brow as a smile erupts on her face while her shoulders slouch into her seat.

"It's obvious. Don't you see?" She scoffed. "Why would he protect a girl like you when he doesn't have to and wage war on his own friend? It's because he fancies you," she shook her head and looked at the mirrored ceiling of the limo that reflected the different illuminated shades of blue and violet. "He loves you."

I let out a nervous laugh and look out of the window. "I don't know. He's never said it or anything." I know that he cares immensely for me, however love? I can't be sure about that. I know what I feel for him, but the idea of someone like him loving me, humors me. She had good points though. Why would he risk it all if he didn't feel strongly for me? Casual flirting has always been the only thing that we've had so far but if he feels more, then I need him to man up and say it to me. Maybe I should heed my own advice and do it myself.

"He shows it in things that he does for you. It's hard for him considering everything he's been through and it's not my place to lay out his past for you. Hopefully, he'll tell you one day if he decides to keep you in his life and not push you away for your own good, princess."

"For my own good?" My eyes surf back into her direction.

"Yes," she sighed and continued, "the last time I saw him like this was a couple years ago and it... well," she paused and shook away her previous statement. "With you, he's so much more happier."

A smile graces my face thinking about Leo. Only if he knew how happy he makes me; what his earth shattering smile does to me and my body. I want to scream it out loud and declare my love for this man but that would be too much considering I haven't even told him yet.

          "Hello?" A see a pale hand wave in my face, retrieving me from my thoughts.

          "Huh? What?" I look at her.

          "You completely zoned out on me, princess."

          "Okay, why do you keep calling me princess?"

"Arie? Ariel? The little mermaid? Princess Ariel?" She hit me with the duh face with her brows high up creasing her smooth forehead.

"Don't. Just don't. Arie will suffice. And we're here to talk about something else, so how about you begin your explanation."